Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120 GB download allowance

• 06-12-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

We're thinking of switching to Nova Networks and with the 8mb broadband, you get "unlimited data" (which is actually 120gb a month). I'm just wondering how much is 120gb in relation to downloading music/movies etc?

We generally have 2 laptops going for a few hours during the day surfing the Internet and watching some Youtube videos, and I watch some TV online and occasionally download the odd movie. Do you think 120gb would be enough?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

If you take it that you can download a film for roughly 1gb then you could download 120 films. You'd be doing very well to get your way through 120gb a month. I download a few films,music,apps and online gameplay and i wouldnt even reach 15gb a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Hey
    Nove do a fair usage policy thing where you get 4GB per day of full speed useage . After that you are throttled to 128kb I think. Maybe monitor for 2 or 3 days what your whole household uses and then see if thats enough. Are you going to bundle with the phone?
    If not go on their 'Business' option which is double the usage and 1 euro cheaper a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

wow 4GB a day sucks

but 120GB over the month is more than enough for even above average use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I guess it's OK, it works out at 11.4 days at continuous maximum bandwidth per month. You should be fine, but yes 4GB a day does suck!

Advertisement