Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas trees in Airfield Dundrum

Options
  • 06-12-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi there,

Anyone know if the guys that were selling Christmas trees in Airfield last year are selling from somewhere nearby this year? Or any recommendations for decent trees in Dundrum/Ranelagh would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Not too far from Dundrum, they sell them at the Carrickmines Shopping Center

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

MaudL wrote: »

Many thanks Maud. Got one today in Milltown (the one in the Milltown Institute, not the impossible-to-park one next to it). Gorgeous tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 WelshExile

A bit late in response, but in case anyone else comes searching and finds this thread like I did... they are selling real christmas trees in the car park at the Goat pub (€35 for 5 ft and upwards or €35 for a small potted tree); they are also selling them in the car park by Superquinn in Ballinteer.

I got mine at the Goat and am v pleased with the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I also got a beautiful tree at the Goat!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

WelshExile wrote: »
    A bit late in response, but in case anyone else comes searching and finds this thread like I did... they are selling real christmas trees in the car park at the Goat pub (€35 for 5 ft and upwards or €35 for a small potted tree); they are also selling them in the car park by Superquinn in Ballinteer.

I got mine at the Goat and am v pleased with the quality.

I paid €70 for mine! Wouldn't mind but I drove past the Goat to go and get it! It is 7ft and lovely but still...

Fair play to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Airfield's open for trees, people. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Do yourself a favour and get a fresh tree for less money

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glencullen-Christmas-Tree-Farm/174137882619785

Well worth the trip up, the kids love running around picking out likely examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lechiennoir

MaudL wrote: »
    This place is fantastic.

4 tree farms selling through the one location with a massive selection of small -> huge trees. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, you can get a free tea / cup of port and some chocolates while there and every tree bought donates €5 to the Laura Lynn Children's Home.

Advertisement