Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand - PAYING USELESS

• 06-12-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Building a machine currently and thought id try Hardwareversand, clicked on PrePayment only to realise the site doesn't contain its own payment method. I would have to send a bank transfer Quoting Ref Number etc..

Is it me or does anyone else find this method a complete waste of time in order just to make a payment for items??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No it's fine, that payment method costs less so they can keep their prices down.
    People who don't like it can order off the other more expensive sites.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's fine, I just did it online, took a second. I believe they accept cards now no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Asrock11

tuxy wrote: »
    No it's fine, that payment method costs less so they can keep their prices down.
    People who don't like it can order off the other more expensive sites.

Is the price difference between, say Scan/Overclockers any big diff? From what I can tell the diff is very marginal.

It's fine, I just did it online, took a second. I believe they accept cards now no?

Not from my earlier experience.

I don't think they accept cards from Ireland. You could use paypal but that cost's 3% more.
    Asrock11 wrote: »
    Is the price difference between, say Scan/Overclockers any big diff? From what I can tell the diff is very marginal.

Scan was about 10% more expensive last time I checked.
    Which makes a huge difference on a full build.

• Advertisement

I don't think they accept cards from Ireland. You could use paypal but that cost's 3% more.

Scan was about 10% more expensive last time I checked.
    Which makes a huge difference on a full build.

Ah right i get you, So I could make a pay pal Account then add my Visa card to it, and pay like that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes for 3 percent more. What is hard about an online bank transfer?

Ah right i get you, So I could make a pay pal Account then add my Visa card to it, and pay like that?

Yes you could but it will cost 3% more. It only takes a few mins to pop into the bank or you could use online banking if you have that setup.

Not sure what the situation is if you did not pick paypal at check out and now decide you want to go with it though,

Its my complication my friend of dealing with banks. Don't trust them with my money or transferring it.:)

Some people would have to wait for the security calculator to come in the post (AIB)

• Advertisement

Its my complication my friend of dealing with banks. Don't trust them with my money or transferring it.:)

IF that was the case whatever you do don't use a credit card!
    Not sure how you will pay them with out dealing with a bank in some way.

IF that was the case whatever you do don't use a credit card!
    Not sure how you will pay them with out dealing with a bank in some way.

I use my CC mate, But I'm fully covered on purchases and insured. I have far more security if anything goes wrong than just a bank transfer.

That security calculator sounds ridiculous.

As for security, generally PayPal is best but with a well known company like this it doesn't matter. It's throwing away money, but if it makes for a secure asrock11 go for it

It is, I have to help my mam any time she needs to do a transfer as she can't figure it out.

As for security, generally PayPal is best but with a well known company like this it doesn't matter. It's throwing away money, but if it makes for a secure asrock11 go for it

Regardless of the Company your dealing with you can always encounter problems, IE (don't receive an order, Payment Authorisation problem, In the past when I didn't receive the goods the CC Company sorted it all out for me. So Handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Asrock11 I agree, I would rather use my CC when buying online and don't like the thought of a bank transfer. But, Hardwareversand has been recommended by many on this forum because they are reliable and the cheapest place to go if your building a complete system. Having come to this forum for about 2 years now I have come to trusted the users on this forum enough to go ahead and use Hardwarversand for my sons PC. To do the transfer I just went into my bank and had the girl set it up for me. It took about five minutes and was painless. You'll save money by going with Hardwareversand. If you still don't want to use them, then go with one of the UK sites. They are great too for single orders but nothing beats Hardwareversande for the cost of a complete build.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

Yea, go in to the Bank and let them do it for ya, they can check to make sure Accounts/codes match up for ya which is handy...stops you developing an OCD complex having to make sure you entered all that crap that comes in the email in right.:o:pac:

Do it before noon and it goes through quicker aswell.

Asrock11 I agree, I would rather use my CC when buying online and don't like the thought of a bank transfer. But, Hardwareversand has been recommended by many on this forum because they are reliable and the cheapest place to go if your building a complete system. Having come to this forum for about 2 years now I have come to trusted the users on this forum enough to go ahead and use Hardwarversand for my sons PC. To do the transfer I just went into my bank and had the girl set it up for me. It took about five minutes and was painless. You'll saved money by going with Hardwareversand. If you still don't want to use them, then go with one of the UK sites. They are great too for single orders but nothing beats Hardwareversande for the cost of a complete build.

Hi There, Thanks for the update, I think i may bite the bullet and order some RAM for my new Build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Hi There, Thanks for the update, I think i may bite the bullet and order some RAM for my new Build.

If it's just RAM your looking for this is a good place to go. They're Irish and delivery is free http://www.memoryc.ie/products/type/Computer_Memory/DDR3/index.html#Capacity=8GB&page=0 :)

If it's just RAM your looking for this is a good place to go. They're Irish and delivery is free http://www.memoryc.ie/products/type/Computer_Memory/DDR3/index.html#Capacity=8GB&page=0 :)

Thanks Mate, Ill check it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement