Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hour lodgement service?

Options
  • 06-12-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

With lodgement atms becoming the primary method of lodging money inbranch I'm curious if there are any plans to have these machines available on a 24 hour basis, I suppose in a "hole in the wall" atm capacity outside of a branch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

With lodgement atms becoming the primary method of lodging money inbranch I'm curious if there are any plans to have these machines available on a 24 hour basis, I suppose in a "hole in the wall" atm capacity outside of a branch?

Can't imagine it would be used much, easy target for thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It's no easier of a target than an ATM. I'd use it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

GarIT wrote: »
    It's no easier of a target than an ATM. I'd use it anyway.

Absolutely, if someones going to rob you as your lodging money they could certainly do the same as your withdrawing it!

In the Swords branch theres a machine inside that you can both lodge and withdraw from. Ideally i'd like to see these replacing the standard atms outside of a branch in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Celtic Tiger,

Thank for your post.

At the moment there are external Lodgement ATM’s at BOI Stillorgan and Walkinstown. The facility allows customers to lodge cash and cheques on a 24/7basis and to help service customer needs outside normal business hours. There are plans to introduce more of these as the feedback has been very positive.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Good to hear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Hi Celtic Tiger,

Thank for your post.

At the moment there are external Lodgement ATM’s at BOI Stillorgan and Walkinstown.
    Thanks

Billy

Hi Billy,

It might be an idea for BOI to list these external lodgement atm's on your website. Until I read this post, I travelled from Palmerstown to stillorgan to use this facility regularly unaware of the walkinstown one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi rev2.0,

Thanks for the post. We'll be forwarding on your suggestion to Web Development Team for consideration in future updates to the site and as a possible addition to our Branch Locator.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement