Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics Help..

• 06-12-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Was wondering would I be covered to get a B in Home Economics by just using Revise Wise and doing exam Q's? I have just taken it up this year:/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Soriel

Hi Rosie

I did Home Economics last year and despite getting an A1 in everything else I got an A2 in Home Ec. It's not easy, and it's perceived as being super easy.
    Firstly, have you sorted your project? I'm talking about the write-ups in the special booklet. This is what dragged me down. Definitely do them exactly as it says in ReviseWise because I tried to do them differently and got absolutely slaughtered in the marking (A1 on the paper, C1 in the project, really annoying). Spend time on them, they really make a difference.

If you're just going off the papers, look at q.1. You don't have a choice in doing it so you may as well do it well. It's fairly easy to predict what's going to come up (Protein, Carb etc.) so look at the patterns and study accordingly.

I don't know what elective you're doing- if it's Social then, again, quite easy to predict.

ReviseWise etc. are good for Home Ec but there can be totally off-the-wall questions too so be prepared to bull****.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Soriel wrote: »
    Hi Rosie

I did Home Economics last year and despite getting an A1 in everything else I got an A2 in Home Ec. It's not easy, and it's perceived as being super easy.
    Firstly, have you sorted your project? I'm talking about the write-ups in the special booklet. This is what dragged me down. Definitely do them exactly as it says in ReviseWise because I tried to do them differently and got absolutely slaughtered in the marking (A1 on the paper, C1 in the project, really annoying). Spend time on them, they really make a difference.

If you're just going off the papers, look at q.1. You don't have a choice in doing it so you may as well do it well. It's fairly easy to predict what's going to come up (Protein, Carb etc.) so look at the patterns and study accordingly.

I don't know what elective you're doing- if it's Social then, again, quite easy to predict.

ReviseWise etc. are good for Home Ec but there can be totally off-the-wall questions too so be prepared to bull****.

Good luck!

Yeah the project was due in there in November. I spent a lot of time on it so i hope it goes well :/ I'm doing social for the elective but i haven't got on to that yet :s Yeah i see there can be very random questions on it:S Any advice on what i shoul know very well?? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Soriel wrote: »
    Hi Rosie

Good luck!
    Omg well done on your results .. Do u have any advice on how u did so well like how much study were u doing now and during xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/LC_Home_Economics_2011_Chief_Examiners_Report.pdf

the above is the link to the chief examiner's report for the leaving cert paper (and coursework but its too late for that for you now)
    have a look at it - in particular look at how different questions are the most common (but more importantly perhaps) the average mark awarded in each question - but don't let that determine or limit your choice of question either - you have a limited timeframe to cover material and may be influenced by what your teacher is covering in class.
    the most useful bit is at the end - look out for key recommendations to students & teachers - take this very seriously. they will help guide you through the written paper and to maximise your results - nothing major in there that most teachers aren't saying anyway but to see it written in a report issued by the chief examiner (the person over the home ec exam) may carry more weight.
    the important thing I think is, to keep up with your studies and build up a steady, consistent level of work - home ec is certaintly one exam you can't cram at the end of the year for (as you know already there is just too much content to cover)

Advertisement