Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4 Infinity Challenge

Options
  • 06-12-2012 8:32pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone entering this?
    Virgin Gaming, Xbox 360 and 343 Industries are joining forces to launch the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge on Xbox LIVE starting Dec. 17, bringing gamers the biggest and most accessible free-to-enter Halo tournament in the world.

Starting today, players can register for the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge by visiting www.halo4infinitychallenge.com (localized registration sites available on Dec. 12). Launching on Dec. 17, the free-to-enter tournament will track your personal score in War Games and the number of Spartan Ops chapters you complete on global leaderboards, giving players of different preferences and skill levels all a shot at the more than 2,800 prizes. For the War Games leaderboard winner, the grand prize will be a UNSC-themed, V8-powered 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor truck designed by 343 Industries, and for the Spartan Ops winner, the grand prize will be an appearance in a future Halo game.

During the qualifier phase (Dec. 17 - Jan. 10), players will need to climb the ranks of the global leaderboards by competing in either the Spartan Ops or War Games leaderboard. After the qualifier phase, players will be tiered into three groups (based on their results on the qualifier phase leaderboards) and will enter the finals phase (Jan. 12 - Jan. 19). In addition, players can also participate in Weekly Challenges found on Halo Waypoint at http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/challenges for a chance to win great prizes.

During the finals, the leaderboards will reset and prizes will be awarded to the top performers in each tier. While terrific prizes are available within all three tiers, the grand prizes will be offered exclusively for those that have battled their way to the top tier.

For tournament and registration information, please visit: www.halo4infinitychallenge.com.

Sounds like a bit of fun anyway. This is the top prize apparently:

jK5XE.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Just signed up for it there should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Seems like a "whoever grinds the most will win" type of competition.

Cool idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

My scathing wit would really add to the Halo universe! :pac:

My god that Ford looks brilliant.

Was reading the FAQ earlier and came across this War Games Leaderboard:

"Compete in the Infinity Challenge playlist quick match you will earn a score for all the points you gain from matches completed. The score is calculated on leaderboards from the day you sign-up."

Wheras for spartan ops it states: Spartan Ops Leaderboard:

"Complete any Spartan Ops chapters and the games you complete will count towards your leaderboard standings. You can play any Chapter more than once and it will count towards your leaderboard score. All games completed is calculated towards the leaderboards from December 17, 2012 or the day you sign-up if you sign up after the tournament begins".

I'm going to bang off an e-mail and see what the story is.

Click on FAQ: http://halo4infinitychallenge.com/platform/pre/WarGames.html

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can check where you are in the leaderboards here: http://halo4infinitychallenge.com/platform/pre/WarGames.html

Basically whoever plays the most Halo over the next month or so will win.

I'm in tier 3 in joint 2068th place :D

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can check where you are in the leaderboards here: http://halo4infinitychallenge.com/platform/pre/WarGames.html

For some reason it cant find my gamer tag typical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'm in Tier 2 at 1437 :P

Waiting for it to update as I've played a lot since then, but it is basically a grind competition. However, this is just the qualifiers, so if I qualify I'd certainly be considering grinding out the finals!

Advertisement