Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta 87 target

• 06-12-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi lads, any of ye know a dealer that has a new or mint 2nd hand beretta 87 target in stock. Have a ruger mark ii stainless target want to trade in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Tannyoky in newry have one. You are trading down imho, who builds a serious target pistol on a pocket pistol frame ? atrocious trigger on them also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Hi lads, any of ye know a dealer that has a new or mint 2nd hand beretta 87 target in stock. Have a ruger mark ii stainless target want to trade in.

R u interested in selling the ruger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

If you are can you stuck a photo of it up, I know a lad looking for one, Pretty sure that 87 in Tannyoky is sold unless the sale fell through or another came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

john o brien has an outdoor, fishing and gun shop on the tramore road he had one in stock not suce if he still does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

R u interested in selling the ruger?

The dealer I bought it off is very keen to buy it back if I am trading. Would a S&W 617 be much of a step up from the beretta 87. Ive handled both and both feel right. The beretta would be running round 750 new and the 617 950. The thing about the ruger is its ugly but very accurate. Id rather have an ugly accurate pistol than a pretty shotgun spread one.

• Advertisement

The dealer I bought it off is very keen to buy it back if I am trading. Would a S&W 617 be much of a step up from the beretta 87. Ive handled both and both feel right. The beretta would be running round 750 new and the 617 950. The thing about the ruger is its ugly but very accurate. Id rather have an ugly accurate pistol than a pretty shotgun spread one.

The 617's are a cracking revolver, lovely quality and well above the 87. if you could get a beretta 89 they are a fantastic pistol. What about a cz cadet ?

Those revolvers are a sweet pistol!! What about a hammerli Xesse or a Smith and Wesson 22a or 41 If your budget will stretch that far?

cw67irl wrote: »
    Those revolvers are a sweet pistol!! What about a hammerli Xesse or a Smith and Wesson 22a or 41 If your budget will stretch that far?

The S&W 41 is lovely but they are expensive, around 1900 euros including delivery.

http://triebel-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=857_865&products_id=16147

You should be able to get them a lot cheaper than that, Under 1400 I think!

cw67irl wrote: »
    You should be able to get them a lot cheaper than that, Under 1400 I think!

where !

• Advertisement

Im nearly sure Paddy Fagan charges 1400, Alamo is close to him in price aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

You should be able to find one for less than €500 including shipping from Germany on egun.de.

rowa wrote: »
    The S&W 41 is lovely but they are expensive, around 1900 euros including delivery.

http://triebel-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=857_865&products_id=16147
    paddy o mahoney is doing them for 1400-1450 thats who i got mine from :D:D
    41617-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Is the Model 41 any more accurate than the 22A. I know it is a much more hard wearing gun than the 22A but I haven't heard much about its accuracy.

their are more accurate in the right hands. their i highly regraded target pistol without going into the €2500 bracket of olympic standard stuff

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Target 87 pros: Accurate, reliable, good sights, well balanced, easy to license (it has "target" in the name so it can't be dangerous ;))and looks good.
    Cons: Very heavy trigger (perhaps this can be improved), made for tiny hands only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

Thanks for the input lads. After thinking it over and im going to trick up the ruger with volquartsen parts. Its accurate as is but a new sear and trigger and maybe the old model llv slide would only add to it.

2011 wrote: »
    Cons: Very heavy trigger (perhaps this can be improved), made for tiny hands only.
    i found the trigger on my mates 87T nice and light 1.5 ish pull, but the the grip is so small reminds me of a hookers hand bag gun :D

dax121 wrote: »
    i found the trigger on my mates 87T nice and light 1.5 ish pull, but the the grip is so small reminds me of a hookers hand bag gun :D

Thats because it was developed from a hookers handbag gun , the cheetah pocket pistol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Cheetah

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

dax121 wrote: »
    i found the trigger on my mates 87T nice and light 1.5 ish pull
    I don't doubt you, but believe me they are not 1.5 out if the box.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    I don't doubt you, but believe me they are not 1.5 out if the box.
    i cannot rem if he bought it new or maybe it was second hand and someone does some sear work but it was as good as my kidd 1.5 singel stage 10/22 trigger :cool:

Advertisement