Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

this weekend- 20% off in homebase

• 06-12-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

20% off in homebase december 7-9.
    use this voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

damian139 wrote: »
    20% off in homebase december 7-9.
    use this voucher

They would want to make it 40% off before they me through the door. They are an expensive outfit matched only by Woodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Can I use this voucher on already discounted items or on full price items only? Eyeing up a half price Christmas tree :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

i dont see anything on it to suggest you cant.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Can I use this voucher on already discounted items or on full price items only? Eyeing up a half price Christmas tree :)

Well its been my experience that you get the discount off already reduced stuff, but its been a couple of years since I got anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

You get the discount off anything that doesn't have an orange sticker on it.

Orange stickers are usually the broken or end of line clearance items.

It'll work on all the christmas trees :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Agent_47 wrote: »
    They would want to make it 40% off before they me through the door. They are an expensive outfit matched only by Woodies.

Your missing out then. They are owned by Argos, so they have a lot of the same stuff and sometimes they have great bargains, cheaper than woodies.
    B and Q are one of the cheapest but they dont have a store near me.
    Plus woodies is always such a mess.
    They had a 15% off weekend last weekend and the christmas trees and decs were already half price. If you gamble and leave it late, they reduce xmas stuff to silly prices like 50 cent for a box of crackers etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

T&Cs state "Please note that Nectar is not available through Homebase Republic of
    Ireland Stores."

They had 15% off everything last weekend without a voucher. Picked up loads of bargains. Maybe they'll do the same this weekend without vouchers. Personally, i prefer homebase over b&q or woodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

To clarify- "nectar" is a loyalty points system like Tesco clubcard. Nothing to do with the voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Your missing out then. They are owned by Argos, so they have a lot of the same stuff and sometimes they have great bargains, cheaper than woodies.
    B and Q are one of the cheapest but they dont have a store near me.
    Plus woodies is always such a mess.
    They had a 15% off weekend last weekend and the christmas trees and decs were already half price. If you gamble and leave it late, they reduce xmas stuff to silly prices like 50 cent for a box of crackers etc

+1 totally agree. I find homebase and B&Q are great for the aul bargains. I got a fab electric fire and surround in homebase when I was moving into my house - bought in January during the sales and it cost me €150 down from €375 (half price and then another 20% off). Got a fab tree in B&Q another year, bought it on the 23rd of Dec and put it away for the next year - €150 reduced to €15!!! :eek:
    Woodies are a rip off and as you say, their shops are always a mess, and you can never find a shop assistant, and if you do manage to find one they don't have a clue where anything is, have no general knowledge of the products they sell - I almost never bother with Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭benmeade

Has anyone used this voucher yet? Was it accepted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭benmeade

benmeade wrote: »
    Has anyone used this voucher yet? Was it accepted
    Used the voucher no problem at all, thanks a million op you saved me €20:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Bought a laptop safe there today. Was marked half price at €31. got it for 25 with the voucher. Great bargain. Thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

I don't have a printer.Would they accept the barcode number from the voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Little Ted wrote: »
    Woodies are a rip off and as you say, their shops are always a mess, and you can never find a shop assistant, and if you do manage to find one they don't have a clue where anything is, have no general knowledge of the products they sell - I almost never bother with Woodies.

Pretty much sums up my Woodies experiences ... no surprise they are in serious trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Used it today, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Thanks op got €36 off my bits and pieces this eve!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

cheers OP, saved me a bundle, checkout person asked how I got it!

Advertisement