Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Chan

Options
  • 06-12-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Does anyone know what happened to George Chan in Drogheda? He used to own the Ming Garden. The last I heard of him was when he lost the restaurant in a poker game or something. Anyone know about him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Probably ended up in one of his infamous 'Super Supper's' !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ha, I always wondered if that story was just one my Dad made up.

I heard the same about the poker game; that the restaurant was his daughter's but he bet it in the game, lost it and she had to give it up. Never heard what happened next.

Nicest Chinese I've ever had though. Making me hungry now. Happy tonight is Ming Garden take-away night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Is it just me, or is there something NQR* about discussing the misfortunes of a named private citizen on a public internet forum?

How would you all like it if some misfortune befell you and you then found yourself reading other people joking about it here?

*NQR = not quite right.

Advertisement