Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtech cs350 - PIR

Options
  • 06-12-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All

I bought a 6 wire pir ages ago - 6 wire - Ooops
    contatcts + - 12 v
    Tamper x 2
    Zone x 2

My zone that has a door open contact was acting up so decided to replace it with the pir I bought ages.

When I look at the core there are only two wires connected red and black, So for curiosity I put them in the 12v + and minus terminals - The led in the Pir didn't light up - Does this mean the PIR is broken?

If its not broken and just needs more wires Im happy to go up to the panel and connect 2 tamper wires into the control unit upstairs but guess this probably wont work either.

thanks for reading

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The red and black on the zone would not have 12 volts on that cable.
    How many cores are on the cable you want to put the PiR on?
    You need to trace that back to the panel & connect one pair to power ( + &-)
    And the other pair into the zone you want to use.
    You will also need engineer access to the panel if you want to configure the PiR for part guard.
    The default engineer code for the CS350 is 01278 although usually the installation company/engineer would have changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 markireland

Thanks Koolkid

There are 6 on the cable

So if I trace back to the box and use 2 more of the wires for the power.

Then put them in the power contacts of pir and the existing wires into the zone contacts of pir?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Correct. You can use the 3rd pair for tamper . You will also need to observe whether there is single or duel end of line resistors. These will be either in the existing device or at the zone input in the panel.

Thanks KoolKid - As always you are so helpful.

So I finally decided to put the PIR up - Yu can guess why I decided this - Well yes house was burgled as we didn't have the alarm on when we were In bed - Keys fished though letterbox.

So thank to you Ive been able to install the PIR - There were 4 vib sensors and one open / close sensor - so as u mentioned before in other posts ive just the PIR on it and all was Great.

Working a treat !!!! Have just been working on what angle to point the pir at , Think its good now

I was just doing a test today to check I haven't disabled other sensors all look good just the ones I thought I had disabled.

However not sure what ive done - I was doing a walk test and went through all the zones one by one and all fine.

I've come out of engineering mode - and alarm is disabled

however if I activate any of the sensors I get about a two second buzz - get them from any I activate old and new - Wrecking my head !!!!!!!

maybe I should just leave for a while and g back to it with a fresh head !!! but if u can think what the problem is would be brill.

Like I haven't touched the wiring or cabinet today - I did the PIR wiring last week and didn't have this problem. Just whatever setiing I put on today !!!

thanks again

Check in the user menu if you have enabled chime.

• Advertisement

Under eng code
    Select users
    Options are
    Change codes
    Code priv
    Eng code
    Duress code
    Code count
    Open z
    Quick codes
    Can't find chime

Thanka

KoolKid wrote: »
    Check in the user menu if you have enabled chime.

Enter user code
    Goto option 3 chime/bell test & make sure chime is disabled.
    Here is the user manual
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iMGNmMDBiMzUtNTlmZC00ZGM3LWIzMjMtYzczMTM4MDRkOTYz/edit

Ahhhhhhhhhh brilliant !!!!

Had tried all options under eng code.

Thanks a million

KoolKid wrote: »
    Enter user code
    Goto option 3 chime/bell test & make sure chime is disabled.
    Here is the user manual
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iMGNmMDBiMzUtNTlmZC00ZGM3LWIzMjMtYzczMTM4MDRkOTYz/edit

Glad you got it sorted. Any problems you know where we are.

Advertisement