Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action Aid Guys possible scammers?

Options
  • 06-12-2012 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

i just want to see if anyone else had an issue with these guys calling to the door saying they were from Action Aid, and then asking to use the toilet?

this call was after 9pm this evening too, it struck my husband as more than strange and when he (the action aid guy) was refused access to our house he got annoyed,

also there is a white transit van outside down the road which is normally not here.

should we be worried?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

I'd make a report just to be safe.

Might be nothing, but if it is then it's best the Gardai are aware beforehand - they might have information on this already. Just keep well locked up and leave lights/radio on if you're both gone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Sounds dodgy I assume if they were real they would be told by the boss not to ask to use a persons toilet :confused:

Advertisement