Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a good PTZ Camera

Options
  • 06-12-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi

Could someone recommend a good PTZ camera for outdoors. Budget around 300 for camera, have existing CCTV set-up so just want to add on PTZ camera.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

3x zoom doesn't seem much. If this is the type of dome your looking for a decent one will set you back a good bit more. Have you a budget in mind. Also what are you planning to connect it to & control it with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I've seen a few on eBay with controllers for €300 but I don't know if they'd last . Any particular brands that stand out for quality or popularity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

KoolKid wrote: »
    3x zoom doesn't seem much. If this is the type of dome your looking for a decent one will set you back a good bit more. Have you a budget in mind. Also what are you planning to connect it to & control it with?

budget 300 I know bit low, if I got my hands maybe a proper 2nd had one. the DVR I have is all set-up to take and control a ptz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Just make sure that you get a ptz that has the same protocols as your dvr.
    Ebay is probably your best bet on that kind of budget

• Advertisement
Advertisement