Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery gloves.

Options
  • 06-12-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

Hey, looking for gloves that have batteries in them, or a way of charging them to to keep hands warm. Any shops in dublin have them?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Try asking in the motorbike section.

A friend of mine had some a few years ago.

Also had battery powered boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    Try asking in the motorbike section.

A friend of mine had some a few years ago.

Also had battery powered boots.
    Man, that's just lazy or pure genius. I'd deffo walk more if my boots were battery powered :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Man, that's just lazy or pure genius. I'd deffo walk more if my boots were battery powered :-)
    Work similar to an electric blanket, have seen gloves before but not boots. If ya walked more ya wouldnt need battery powered boots to keep warm!! ;)

OP what do you want them for and why wont a normal pair of gloves work??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deerhound

They sell them in Maplin. Located in Jarvis Street and Blanchardstown.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/electric-heated-premium-gloves-medium-large-531709

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

you need a pair of these :D
    http://www.gizmag.com/spnkix/20913/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

aaakev wrote: »
    Work similar to an electric blanket, have seen gloves before but not boots. If ya walked more ya wouldnt need battery powered boots to keep warm!! ;)

OP what do you want them for and why wont a normal pair of gloves work??

they are for my nephew. he is two, has extremely bad circulation, his hands are constantly blue.
    he has been brought to numberous doctors but the havent a clue what is wrong with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

wolfeye wrote: »

you need a pair of these :D
    http://www.gizmag.com/spnkix/20913/
    Now that you mention it, yes I do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

they are for my nephew. he is two, has extremely bad circulation, his hands are constantly blue.
    he has been brought to numberous doctors but the havent a clue what is wrong with him.
    Ah poor little lad, i hope you find what your looking for. I cant seem to find any online dor kids. A pair of mittins and some gel hand warmers could do the trick while your looking for the gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Esel

aaakev wrote: »
    Ah poor little lad, i hope you find what your looking for. I cant seem to find any online dor kids. A pair of mittins and some gel hand warmers could do the trick while your looking for the gloves
    Be careful applying heat locally, as the child is too young to give proper feedback regarding the effect of same. Gel or charcoal-based warmers could be too hot for him, and could conceivably cause tissue damage.

Hope he gets a correct diagnosis soon, and that his condition can be treated/managed successfully.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement