Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friend bought tickets now ignoring me

• 06-12-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Snip

Comments

When's the concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    So a few months back a friend of mine asked if I wanted to go to an up coming show by a band that I really like, we wouldnt be massively close but got on well. She bought the tickets I gave her my money the same day. Now there has pretty much been little contact since because we have very seperte lives, wouldn't see each other that often and live far away. I contacted her to see what the story was, did she want me to drive or what and no reply, contacted her on Facebook to ask did she get my message still no reply despite the fact that I can see she is online.

Now I am very thick over this, I trusted her and she seems to have swanned off with my money. Anything I can do? I suppose going to the guards wouldn't do anything would it? Cúnt.

Have you tried calling her about it?

Private number, if you must ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

bluewolf wrote: »
    When's the concert
    Concert is on the 16th of Dec
    Ghandee wrote: »
    Have you tried calling her about it?

Private number, if you must ;)

Not yet but will be tomorrow if she doesn't start answering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So a few months back a friend of mine asked if I wanted to go to an up coming show by a band that I really like, we wouldnt be massively close but got on well. She bought the tickets I gave her my money the same day. Now there has pretty much been little contact since because we have very seperte lives, wouldn't see each other that often and live far away. I contacted her to see what the story was, did she want me to drive or what and no reply, contacted her on Facebook to ask did she get my message still no reply despite the fact that I can see she is online.

Now I am very thick over this, I trusted her and she seems to have swanned off with my money. Anything I can do? I suppose going to the guards wouldn't do anything would it? Cúnt.

They might - it's theft. Or at least fraud (on a small scale, admittedly)

Is drivign over to here place and dealign directly an option?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Just email/facebook her this....You'll soon get your money back...

NSFW, (bad language);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Ring her from another mobile or better still a landline - people are less suspicious of a landline although your local code might show up. Worth a try though. You could always inquire publically on her FB page rather than through texts and messages.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    They might - it's theft. Or at least fraud (on a small scale, admittedly)

Is drivign over to here place and dealign directly an option?

Sadly not, in the time since she bought the ticket she moved away and while I know what town she is living in I have know idea where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Who's playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Sadly not, in the time since she bought the ticket she moved away and while I know what town she is living in I have know idea where.

For a small fee upfront I can find out for you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Mumford and Sons!!

(I am not the friend. I googled)

• Advertisement

Ring her from another mobile or better still a landline - people are less suspicious of a landline although your local code might show up. Worth a try though. You could always inquire publically on her FB page rather than through texts and messages.
    The message I sent was posted on her fb wall asking did she get my text, will be trying to ring tomorrow to see if she'll answer. Really hoping there is an innocent explanation.
    SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Who's playing?

Mumford and sons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

If it's the 16th it's Mumford and sons.

Prob did you a favor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Pester her relentlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Probably spent the money on her crackbaby. Is there no other mutual friend or family you can get in touch with to ask about the baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Why not openly reveal what a thieving fcuker she is on your Facebook page. She deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Why would you a) go anywhere with someone you aren't close to, have no contact with, and live far away from?

And b) given question A, why would you trust them with your money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Larianne wrote: »
    Mumford and Sons!!

(I am not the friend. I googled)

Creepy Googler! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Friend?

Why not openly reveal what a thieving fcuker she is on your Facebook page. She deserves it.

I wouldn't do this. What I would do is contact one of her friends and ask them about it, telling them she hasn't replied and if they could try to get through to them.

I would say she will contact you soon enough. Doing it on Facebook in front of everyone is a bit childish.

benwavner wrote: »
    Creepy Googler! :)

How awesome! That's gonna be my next Boards username!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Time to call in the viper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Keep documentation and records of all correspondence between you and the person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

call Joe Duffy

Abi wrote: »
    Why would you a) go anywhere with someone you aren't close to, have no contact with, and live far away from?

And b) given question A, why would you trust them with your money?

We would have been close but drifted apart recently as we were living very different lives. We lived far away because we met in college, both in the same course and she dropped out and started going out with this new guy, bit of a whirlwind romance moved in together after a couple of months hence the drifting and why I don't know where she lives anymore. I trusted her at the time because she seemed like a very trustworthy person and I would never have thought she would do something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Larianne wrote: »
    How awesome! That's gonna be my next Boards username!! :pac:

Hey, no fair!

Now I have to subscribe!

tony007 wrote: »
    Keep documentation and records of all correspondence between you and the person.

Have messages on Facebook from when we were planning on booking the tickets and a text message from her saying that the tickets were booked. If all comes to all I will be taking this to the gardai in the hopes that they will help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Demonstrat.
    Go to the concert and stand outside with a large mono coloured flag with
    "XYZ stole my Mumford tickets" written on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Just post on her FB Wall asking why she isnt answering her phone and whybshes not responding at all and that you want your money back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Have messages on Facebook from when we were planning on booking the tickets and a text message from her saying that the tickets were booked. If all comes to all I will be taking this to the gardai in the hopes that they will help me out.

ALso keep messages that may state that money had exchanged hands but not tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I had to do that before. Lovely old Garda called Garda Drebin sorted it out for me. Ring Store St. and ask for Frank Drebin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

We would have been close but drifted apart recently as we were living very different lives. We lived far away because we met in college, both in the same course and she dropped out and started going out with this new guy, bit of a whirlwind romance moved in together after a couple of months hence the drifting and why I don't know where she lives anymore. I trusted her at the time because she seemed like a very trustworthy person and I would never have thought she would do something like this.

I'm guessing the new boyfriend got your ticket.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I had to do that before. Lovely old Garda called Garda Drebin sorted it out for me. Ring Store St. and ask for Frank Drebin.

I think he died recently :(

I'm guessing the new boyfriend got your ticket.

Yeah that's my guess too, bitch is messing with the wrong one if she thinks she is going to get away with it! :mad:

benwavner wrote: »
    Hey, no fair!

Now I have to subscribe!

Always thought you should change yours to bumwaver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I wouldnt go to the gards. They'd probably laugh. How much could a Mumford and sons ticket cost? €20?

• Advertisement

I wouldnt go to the gards. They'd probably laugh. How much could a Mumford and sons ticket cost? €20?

It was €40 and frankly I don't care if it was 50c, it's a principal of the thing, she STOLE from me. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

The concert's not happened yet. She may still intend going with you but is having a crap week and is in no mood to talk to anyone. It happens.

Give her a day or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Drebin's a bit of a ledge. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Name and shame.

They're great live so you'll be missing out if you don't get that ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

There's a billy connolly joke that could hold the solution... but only if you know what seat number you're booked for.

I wish I could find it on youtube!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

There's a billy connolly joke that could hold the solution... but only if you know what seat number you're booked for.

I wish I could find it on youtube!

Damn you Fast I was just about to post this:mad:;)

He was telling an audience about when he was playing a gig in Dublin a suddenly there is a cufuffle a couple of rows from the front.

Turns out a guy had his house broken into and the took the car keys and stole the car.

In the car were the tickets he had bought for the Billy concert in dublin.
    So the victim waited until the night of the show.
    He knew the seats he had bought and begged the security to let him in.
    Low and behold there was the ****er who stole the tickets and the victim gives him a good digging:D:D

Smidge wrote: »
    Damn you Fast I was just about to post this:mad:;)

He was telling an audience about when he was playing a gig in Dublin a suddenly there is a cufuffle a couple of rows from the front.

Turns out a guy had his house broken into and the took the car keys and stole the car.

In the car were the tickets he had bought for the Billy concert in dublin.
    So the victim waited until the night of the show.
    He knew the seats he had bought and begged the security to let him in.
    Low and behold there was the ****er who stole the tickets and the victim gives him a good digging:D:D

But the twist was that the poor guy in the seats had bought the tickets on the street outside the theatre and had no idea why he was getting the head boxed off him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I'd address the Mumford & Son issue first.

Bunch of retro-worshipping weirdos

Yer one would piss herself if Garda Drebin came aknocking. And wudnt she deserve it too.

Would you like it if a police squad arrived at your door over a concert ticket?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Yeah that's my guess too, bitch is messing with the wrong one if she thinks she is going to get away with it! :mad:

No offence, but I highly doubt she's "messing with the wrong one". You just came on to an internet forum to piss & moan. If you really wanted to sort this out you'd have done it ages ago, not a week before the concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

But the twist was that the poor guy in the seats had bought the tickets on the street outside the theatre and had no idea why he was getting the head boxed off him :D

Remembered that bit just after posting but was sure that a fellow Billy fan would correct me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Those tickets have only been on sale since 28/09/12.

That's a seriously fast paced life she lives. New friends, new man, new home, etc in a little over two months & one week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Rodin wrote: »
    Friend?

mumford and sons friend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Those tickets have only been on sale since 28/09/12.

That's a seriously fast paced life she lives. New friends, new man, new home, etc in a little over two months & one week.

Sounds like somebody out of Home & Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Sounds like somebody out of Home & Away

You might go see her and find out she has been replaced with a new actress who didn't know anything about your or your tickets.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement