Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Leixlip Shift Pattern

Options
  • 06-12-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

There may be a chance for me to work at HP Leixlip in a manufacturing role but I live in Dublin. I know there are good enough transport links but I was wondering if the buses/trains would arrive in Leixlip in time for me to make it if I worked there. If anyone has any idea of the shift patterns/hours so I can plan ahead that would be great.

Thanks,

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

psychoead wrote: »
    Hi,

but I live in Dublin.

Dublin Balbriggan? Dublin Shankill? Dublin Lucan? Dublin city centre? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 psychoead

Well I suppose it doesn't matter now 'cause I've got my shift pattern today :P I was going to be coming from Drumcondra but the shifts are so varied. There is a Sunday day shift that starts at 8 and no train into Leixlip at that time. Is there any other way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Starts at 8am or 8pm?

The 66B, the one that serves HP, doesn't run on Sundays. Get on to your local TDs about that one as it makes no sense, but the 67 runs close-ish. It's about a 20 min walk.

The 67 only runs from 8.30 on a Sunday. If it wasn't for the late start with the train on Sunday I'd be sorted. It's frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

66 leaves Merrion Sq at 7:05am, but you'll have a longer walk when you get off.

• Advertisement

Hmm, that's promising. Any idea of long it'd take to get to Leixslip from, say, Westmoreland Street,Fleet Street, Stop 317?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

The bus would take approx. 30 to 35 minutes on a Sunday morning from Westmoreland Street to Station Road, Leixlip, you'd still have a 2 kilometre walk from there to HP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

You'll need to use the HP/Intel shuttle bus (I'm assuming it still goes:))
    Shuttle bus timetable.

I've never used it but I know loads of people in Intel used it for getting to work.

You probably should also be aware that HP is not actually in Leixlip town. Its on the Celbridge side of the M4.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    You probably should also be aware that HP is not actually in Leixlip town. Its on the Celbridge side of the M4.

Thanks, I'm aware of the location, I've been doing research. I was thinking the shuttle bus it too unreliable. Thinking of locking a cheap bike up at Louisa Bridge or investing in the rental of a bike locker at the station.

So do you work at HP Peppa? Is there any other info you can offer? I'm going to be on Marley Shift D. What is Marley? Any idea when this shift cycle break up for the Christmas? A lot to answer I know. I'm thinking you work at Intel though.

I'm so unprepared for this, they have only given me 3 days notice of the job and I'm in no position to turn it down.

vektarman wrote: »
    The bus would take approx. 30 to 35 minutes on a Sunday morning from Westmoreland Street to Station Road, Leixlip, you'd still have a 2 kilometre walk from there to HP though.

Thanks, so if station road is by Louisa Bridge my cheap bike idea would be useful to get the rest of the way down?

This seems like my only choice barring a stint from Drumcondra to HP on my bike and I do not like the idea of that one bit. It would only be once every 4 weeks because of the shift pattern I will be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It would probably be a little under half an hour on a Sunday. I used to get busses the other way a bit later and it would often take less than 25 minutes. Even so, it'd still be on the quays at 10 past or after it so you'd need the bike for that shift.

It's worth checking out the route from Louisa Bridge on foot in person before you have to do it. The route you'd be taking is straight down Accommodation Road, through Castletown estate (there is a main road through it, but a bit tricky if you don't know it), then turning right past the shops, past Elton Court and over the bridge. The bus stops only a few feet before Acc. road at Oaklawn estate, and Louisa Bridge is right across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

The shuttle bus is pretty reliable if it's running at times that suit you. Marley is the name of one of the components in one of the products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

psychoead wrote: »
    So do you work at HP Peppa?
    No - not even employed there :D

The shuttle bus is pretty reliable if it's running at times that suit you. .

The shift cycle I'll be on includes weekends and according to the timetable there is no service on Saturday and a limited one on Sunday, having a bike would save all the faffing around.

Thanks for all the help guys. I have the induction on Monday and start Thursday. After 8 months of looking for a job I'm actually excited to be starting.

Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Good luck!!

Advertisement