Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing element from oven?

Options
  • 06-12-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All

I am trying to remove the element from my Belling XOU270 oven . There was one screw which I was able to remove at the top of the element.On the other side (the second photo) there appears to be 2 little screws that I can't undo.

It’s a build in oven .Can anyone advise if I need to take out the oven to remove the element or is there another way ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You usually have to remove the back panel of the oven to get at nuts to undo, to remove the element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You usually have to remove the back panel of the oven to get at nuts to undo, to remove the element.
    most i've changed are self tapper
    you can swop from front
    i can't tell from pics

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

This is the element I'm trying to change.

The picture is clearer than the one I took

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/cookers-hobs/belling/fan-oven-element-2000w/118340.htm?m=37704

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M cebee wrote: »
    most i've changed are self tapper
    you can swop from front
    i can't tell from pics

Yea ive done loads and forget now:D

Think some are removable from the inside of oven alright. Likely a bit seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at www.espares.co.uk. They have a load of videos on all kinds of replascements. They may just have one for you.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

golfdiva wrote: »
    This is the element I'm trying to change.

The picture is clearer than the one I took

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/cookers-hobs/belling/fan-oven-element-2000w/118340.htm?m=37704
    that one looks like you have to access it from back as robbie said

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

golfdiva wrote: »
    Hi All

I am trying to remove the element from my Belling XOU270 oven . There was one screw which I was able to remove at the top of the element.On the other side (the second photo) there appears to be 2 little screws that I can't undo.

It’s a build in oven .Can anyone advise if I need to take out the oven to remove the element or is there another way ?

Oven has to be taken out and the rear panel taken off 2 x 4mm screws (nut & bolt) holding element with bolts pointing towards rear of oven(where the element goes into plate in pic). Always handier if you have a base of some sort to pull the oven on to as it makes it easier to work on. You also need to be careful of the connecting cable i.e. if its snagged on anything and of course always isolate and work safe!

Advertisement