Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2013

Options
  • 07-12-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello :) Im very inbetween going to Huntington Beach in Cali or Cape Cod. Freinds of mine want to go to occean city cos its easy for jobs, but im not too sure. If anyone has been to any of these places Id appriciate some advice! Also wont be 21 so any where easyish to get in :/ Or good house parties instead! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

***** Boards.ie does not advice or condone illegal activities. This includes suggestions on where someone may obtain alcohol when underage by US laws ****

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I havn't been to either but can comment from friends who have gone. Firstly have you your heart set on these two?. Don't rule out Chicago, 80-90% of j1ers went there last year according to USIT and the craic was unbelievable. Ocean City...expensive rent as you're renting during the peak season in Ocean City, outside the summer it's a ghost town. There is very little to do there apparently bar going to the beach(which you eventually get bored of). Have heard of people enjoying cape code.
    Have a number of close friends who loved Cali and Huntington beach so that is endorsed and recommended, wouldn't mind going there myself for my next trip. For anyone going on their first j1 I would recommend Chitown. It's a bustling city with plenty to do everyday, not just limited to beach activities like OC and there is bound to be a rake of Irish out there this year again. Jobs wern't a problem however obtaining accomodation on a short lease was problematic. If it's a choice between cali/OC/CC, I'd firmly go with Cali.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 32

Thank you!! I would LOVE to go to Chicago heard such good things about it but heard jobs were hard to come by? True everyhwhere you hear though! The group im going with didnt like the idea of it, heard it was v rough... is it very good craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ella1991

32 wrote: »
    Hello :) Im very inbetween going to Huntington Beach in Cali or Cape Cod. Freinds of mine want to go to occean city cos its easy for jobs, but im not too sure. If anyone has been to any of these places Id appriciate some advice! Also wont be 21 so any where easyish to get in :/ Or good house parties instead! thanks

Heya :) I went to Ocean City last year..It was unreal :)Jobs are really easy to find and there are so many Irish over there..

I would advise to sort out accomodation before yougo over because we didnt and we moved around alot .. Accom is expensive but if you have a big group it should keep the costs down :) Hope this helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 HogieBear92

Hey thinking about going to Wildwood, NJ just South of Ocean City! Decided on here as knew two people who went lat year and said it was a great laugh! Also not too far away from Washington DC, NYC and even Boston up North! Decided against Cali/West Coast because reckoned it would be a bit more costly etc! Just wondering if anybody is thinking of heading to Wildwood or near-ish? or if anyone has been there before and could tell me anything about it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 banc

Hey, my friends and I have booked to go on j1 this year and we're thinking Isla Vista in California? Anyone been there/ going there this year because I haven't heard of many. Any info would be appreciated.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HaloThere

would appreciate and contacts for jobs/ accomodation in Hyannis/cape cod:)

Advertisement