Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on renting/sharing.....

Options
  • 07-12-2012 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I know these threads have been done to death, however any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am not overly familiar with the area.

I am a part time student in central Dublina and I am hopeing to start work in the Centre too. If the job comes through I will be hopefully moving to Dublin.

My friend (also not from Dublin) has recently moved to somewhere in D18. He works in Bray. If I get the job we are going to move in together. The thing is that he wants an area that he will not have to pay the M50 toll (stingy lol) and have a car space.

My question is, are there any areas that will get me into the centre in a reasonable time using any of bus/luas/dart and also solve his toll delima? (could I get into the centre from D18 this way/quick?).

Sharing with others is not a problem espically if it reduces the cost. Also we would like an area that is not very rough. We would not be put off by the usual carry on that goes on everywhere like, just not the really really bad areas.

Thanks for any advise!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Hi elmossman,

If you are traveling from Bray to Dublin City Centre, you should not have to use the M50 Toll. Our Toll is located between Junctions 6 and 7 on the North-side of the Liffey. If you use the Southern part of the M50 and take one of the south-western exits to the city, you'll be fine.

Check out this map on our website: http://www.eflow.ie/BEF.MGCO.REC.112

Hope this helps and the job comes through for you : )

Regards,

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It seems like you are looking for somewhere in South County Dublin so I'm moving it to that forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭elmossman

Thanks for that. I suppose then anywhere on the south side would be ok then. What areas would be alright to live in at a reasonable price. As mentioned before, we would not mind sharing with others and one car space would be needed. Also not too long of a journey into the centre by luas/bus/dart/bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

These apartments are very well maintained, Secure, They have access to the square town centre, the LUAS is right outside the door for travel to city centre and the M50 is located on the southside so travel to bray would be about 25-30 minutes by car.

The apartments have 24 Hr security parking and are maintained to a high standard by CBRE and also have pretty much zero antisocial activity.

Access to South Dublin Library and Civic theatres is beside the entrance also.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1290423

best if luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sandyford is a good place to live IMO. I currently live there with two housemates who use the luas for work in the cite centre, while I drive the M50 to get to Dublin 18. 15 mins from my door to my desk :)

From my experience, the quality of accommodation on the green luas line is generally better (better = more modern) than the dart line, but accommodation by the dart line seems more accepting of people with more than one car. But since that doesn't seem to be an issue for you, you could probably easily pick and choose as you wish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement