Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade Mincepie Receipe

Options
  • 07-12-2012 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi guys

I had a lovely receipe couple years ago for mince pie's which included a homemade mincemeat that included orange rind, cranberries and all things lovely, but cant find it anywhere. Does anyone have a similiar receipe?

I'm trying to convince my OH and family that homemade mince pies are fab, unlike the shop bought ones!

Also need pastry receipe to go with mincemeat.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Sounds like nigella's mincemeat/mince pie recipe! It's lovely, instructions are at that link ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭blondie29

Thanks eviledna!

That one looks good but dont think its the one i had, i remember replacing the suet for butter in the mincemeat, there wasnt any in the pastry mix. Also there was brandy in the mincemeat.

I'll check again but thanks anyways.

If anyone else has some tried and tested receipes to share!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Was the recipe you had from a specific cookbook? Or leaflet? Or website? Do you remember a picture, annotation or author?

More information may help source the recipe you seek. I have many tried and tested recipes (as well as the above), but not enough info to recommend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭blondie29

Eviledna wrote: »
    Was the recipe you had from a specific cookbook? Or leaflet? Or website? Do you remember a picture, annotation or author?

More information may help source the recipe you seek. I have many tried and tested recipes (as well as the above), but not enough info to recommend ;)

I'm not sure if I got it from the net or cooking programme I remember writing down d receipe, thought it was from the odlums.ie page but they don't have one like that on their website. Think it was standard receipe don't rem any particular chef!

Not to worry I'm sure I can add extra ingredients to the one u gave me above! Thanks eviledna.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

:D
    P1020881_zpsacdb016d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Mary Berry made some last night that looked lovely! haven't tried it myself but he recipe is at this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mincemeatstreusel_73426

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

kerash wrote: »
    Mary Berry made some last night that looked lovely! haven't tried it myself but he recipe is at this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mincemeatstreusel_73426

The recipe looks nice.

Did you notice that when she made it the chunks of apple were huge,, much too big for mincemeat. they would be large raw chunks of hard apple when only cooked for 10 minutes.

After the shot of her adding the ingredients and stirring in the pot, it cut to a shot of a completely different bowl of mincemeat with all the ingredients cut small and no visible chunks of apple. By the BBC standards, it was a bit sloppy :/

Advertisement