Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Gone Since Midnight!

Options
  • 07-12-2012 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

My broadband has been gone all night, since midnight anyways. What is going on? I can make and receive calls but no internets..........please fix!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

foggy_lad wrote: »
    My broadband has been gone all night, since midnight anyways. What is going on? I can make and receive calls but no internets..........please fix!

Mine is gone since 12.05 ... no sound on phone line either.. thought it was just cause bill not paid in full..LOL.. where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mine also went last night too. The came back around 2am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi sam_mom1 and foggy_lad

Is your broadband still down? If so, Please PM me your landline numbers and i will look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mine went around midnight was out until at least 2am but was back on by the morning.Still annoying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi sam_mom1 and foggy_lad

Is your broadband still down? If so, Please PM me your landline numbers and i will look into this for you.

Regards

Al
    Mine came back at about 3am but the speed has dropped from a good 4mbps+ to 1.5mbps since! I have done all the troubleshooting and no change.

In Carlow town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Mine came back at about 3am but the speed has dropped from a good 4mbps+ to 1.5mbps since! I have done all the troubleshooting and no change.

In Carlow town.

Hi foggy_lad

I've had a look at the connection for you from our side and can see a possible issue with the modem firmware. You are currently running the previous version of the firmware so upgrading this may resolve the issue. This can be done over the phone by calling support on 1890 260 260 (8am - 10pm, 7 days) as they can install the update remotely. Let me know how the call goes.

Regards
    Linda

Speeds have returned to normal since last night.

Speeds have returned to normal since last night.

Hi foggy_lad

Appreciate you getting back to us on this, glad to hear the speeds have returned to normal. Although it may be best to have the firmware on the modem updated to prevent any further issues with the speeds.

Regards
    Linda

Hi foggy_lad

Appreciate you getting back to us on this, glad to hear the speeds have returned to normal. Although it may be best to have the firmware on the modem updated to prevent any further issues with the speeds.

Regards
    Linda
    Can I be sent an email with a link to the Firmware please, I would prefer this to having Eircom rooting around in the modem/router. I am very surprised there is not a page where this firmware can be downloaded by customers.

Can I be sent an email with a link to the Firmware please, I would prefer this to having Eircom rooting around in the modem/router. I am very surprised there is not a page where this firmware can be downloaded by customers.

Hi foggy_lad

Here is the page to the Zyxel firmare update.

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/zyxel/

However we have been advised it is easier for customers to call broadband support on 1890 260 260 so they can install the update remotely.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement