Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ValueSaver Electricity

Options
  • 07-12-2012 7:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

While ago my discount was canceled, however I was still able to claim discount for paying by direct debit and getting bills online. But nobody told me that and it took me a while to realize that I'm not getting any discount that I should.

Since than I moved to new house, switched electricity and asked if I still gonna get discount for paying bill by direct debit and online statement and I was told yes.

Today I got bill and

Your last bill
    Balance brought forward €
    Charges for this period €xx.xx
    VAT €x.xx
    Total due €xx.xx

No discount.

I just sign up for ValueSaver Electricity maybe in August 2012.

The annoying part is that ESB is quiet and won't tell you that since you are paying by direct debit and online billing you might get this discount, they are happy you are paying more I guess..

I am with esb electric for few years and I am considering switching. I think with other companies I might get better deal or at least some tiny discount.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

198321 wrote: »
    While ago my discount was canceled, however I was still able to claim discount for paying by direct debit and getting bills online. But nobody told me that and it took me a while to realize that I'm not getting any discount that I should.

Since than I moved to new house, switched electricity and asked if I still gonna get discount for paying bill by direct debit and online statement and I was told yes.

Today I got bill and

Your last bill
    Balance brought forward €
    Charges for this period €xx.xx
    VAT €x.xx
    Total due €xx.xx

No discount.

I just sign up for ValueSaver Electricity maybe in August 2012.

The annoying part is that ESB is quiet and won't tell you that since you are paying by direct debit and online billing you might get this discount, they are happy you are paying more I guess..

I am with esb electric for few years and I am considering switching. I think with other companies I might get better deal or at least some tiny discount.
    Hello 198321,

We are obliged to advise customers that price-plans have an expiry date and that they would need to contact us to have a new price-plan applied after this expiration.

I will have a look at your account to see what happened here and assist you - do private message us to our group inbox your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address in full, and either the contact telephone number on your account or your date of birth.

Just to note: the discounts appear on a bill as a credit.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Una, I find myself in almost the exact same situation as the op. Assumed I was getting the discounts for DD and online billing, but having just checked an online bill and see no discounts. I was certainly not aware of any expiry date for these discounts. Can you look into this for me if I send you the required account info ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Duiske,

All of our price plans are available for a set period of time, and as Una has said above, we are obliged to communicate this to customers on sign-up (this would be done when outlining the terms and conditions, which the customer would need to agree to before the price plan in question can be applied).

We apologise if you were not informed of the expiry date for your specific price plan. If you can send your account details to our group inbox we can look into this further for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Hi Duiske,
    We apologise if you were not informed of the expiry date for your specific price plan. If you can send your account details to our group inbox we can look into this further for you.

Thanks,

David.

Thanks David. Will send those account details now. Most likely explanation is that I just did not notice the discount expiration date, but if you could take a look it would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I signed up for this discount in August 2012 when I discovered that I am not getting any discount (as I thought I am)

than moved to new house so closed my old account and opened new one (same name, just change of meter) and asked if I get discount for online billing and paying by direct debit (I am sure I did ask) and I was told yes. Maybe the girl forgot to say ; yes, but do ring us and inform us that you would like that discount, than after a while we cancel it and please ring us again and tell us you would like that discount.

I think I leave if for now and will go with other company, stupid reason to loose a customer i think.

• Advertisement

Hi 198321,

If you would like me to have a look at your account to ensure the discounts were correctly applied in August and subsequently carried over when you changed address, please feel free to send your details to our group inbox.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LMK

Hi,
    I'm in the same situation I've on-line billing & DD set up I've sent an email to request discount to be activated

Thanks LMK, I've received your PM too so I'll look into this for you now.

Advertisement