Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static Discharge?

• 07-12-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Not too sure about the best place to post this but I'd imagine this forum is the place.

Last night herself heard crackling/pop noises from around the TV area and called me - I went to the TV to investigate and smell for burning. When I got very close to the TV it (presumably the TV, it was so loud I couldn't pinpoint) left off a massive pop, like something blew. We have a kill-switch in that whole section where we keep the TV, PS3 etc., and it was turned off when it happened.

I checked that all the plugs, all the multi-adapters and all the electronics were working in the room.

So, could something be on the way out (Heineken Cup Rugby this weekend so say it isn't so!), or could it be something like a static discharge? The sound felt like that and afterwards it was like someone rubbed a balloon on my hand.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Is it a CRT screen or a flat screen tv?

Advertisement