Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What 'things' make your Christmas special.

Options
  • 07-12-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

I'm purely talking about material things or rituals you have, that you get/do every year and without Christmas would not feel the same. I have noticed a lot of people have the same requirements to make their perfect Christmas.

For me:

1. New Clothes for Christmas day.
    2. New Pyjamas
    3. Clean bed sheets
    4. A bottle of Bushmills 16 years & a load of Large bottles of Bulmers
    5. A large box of King Crisps
    6. Scrooge DVD (Its always on TV, but just in case i miss it.)
    7. After eights
    8. A big fry up with the bacon from the Turkey on Christmas morning.
    9. Getting up before 9am to open the presents which are laid out in piles just like when we were kids :)
    10. Going to the pub on xmas eve and home before 12 to help my mam stuff the turkey.

What are yours ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Watching Home Alone for the Church scene with Ol Man Marley, surprisingly powerful for a comedy.

Yes it's just been on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

New slippers.
    Chocolate!
    A new book to read on Christmas Day
    Twinings Orange, Mango and Cinnamon tea - it smells very Christmassy!
    Whatever I baked the day before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This year my 6 month old son. Wont have a clue whats going on but I will

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Watching Christmas movies
    Doing the Christmas food shop with mum :D
    Eating mince pies and drinking mulled wine on Christmas Eve
    Visiting people on Christmas Eve
    Driving around on Christmas Eve and watching everyone making their way home for Christmas :pac:
    Helping mum with the Christmas Dinner preparations
    Going to mass on Christmas morning
    Watching Christmas episodes of the soaps!
    Going out with friends

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

leahyl wrote: »
    Watching Christmas movies
    Doing the Christmas food shop with mum :D
    Eating mince pies and drinking mulled wine on Christmas Eve
    Visiting people on Christmas Eve
    Driving around on Christmas Eve and watching everyone making their way home for Christmas :pac:
    Helping mum with the Christmas Dinner preparations
    Going to mass on Christmas morning
    Watching Christmas episodes of the soaps!
    Going out with friends

Getting done for drink driving!

Be careful out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

godtabh wrote: »

Be careful out there

What? I can't tell whether you're joking or not but I most certainly do not drink and drive I can assure you! My dad does the driving and I don't drink the mulled wine until we come home in the evening anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Having a real Christmas tree so I can smell it every time I come into the room.
    Going to 12 o'clock mass to hear my old singing teacher singing Oh Holy Night.
    Going to my granny's after mass for the annual Christmas sing song that goes on until about 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Watching Santa clause movie (Tim Allen) with my daugher
    Christmas dinner particularly this year as don't have to cook it.
    Christmas Eve night kids in bed, half eating the food left out for Santa(and smiling to myself)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

My perfect Christmass will be being able to come back out of my underground bunker on the 22nd December and see that the world is till in one piece and not blasted to pieces or that we have not been hit by a huge asteroid.

Then I can start preparing for Christmass,look up another calender and make up some more bullshyte about when the next "doomsday date" will be the end of the world for all of mankind.

OH wait,,,Im actually not one of those doomsday fruit loops waiting for the 21st December to come.:pac::pac::rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

I live in the North so my favourite is getting real Irish Tayto crisps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Every Christmas morning before presents are opened The Snowman is put in the dvd player (after the heating is turned on !) lovely background to a special morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Be careful out there
    Trust you to come out with that. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Be careful out there

If you are driving then dont drink any booze at all.

If you intend to have a drink,then walk,get a bus,taxi or get a lift from a person who is not drinking booze.

Very simple and then you and other roadusers can be safe and happy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Being of work, and spending the time with friends and family

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Packing my sack of presents into my sleigh and heading to my parent's house like Santa on Christmas morning :D

Ok, it's bags of presents in my car but still! Then a little fry in the mammy's house while waiting for whoever to get out of the shower, dry their hair, come back from mass so that we can all open our presents together before the first visitors arrive. And they always arrive in the same order. Always :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I love visiting my Grandmother's nursing home Christmas morning. A lot of the residents don't get visitors (the Alzheimer's ward) so we go in and make loads of them! I even bring my dog (in his Christmas jumper) for them all to meet and have puppy hugs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You are just so lovely, Bubblefett. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas. :)

Advertisement