Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2013.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

summer seems to have started early this year. Lovely day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just heard Ken Ring in Newstalk predicting a long hot summer. 18 year cycle no doubt. We all remember 1995. Hope he is right for once ;)
    I heard him too and read reports of his forecast, I cannot understand why the Irish media continue to entertain his forecasts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Villain wrote: »
    I heard him too and read reports of his forecast, I cannot understand why the Irish media continue to entertain his forecasts!
    BBQ summer ahead makes great headlines, sells well. It's a fact we are overdue a dry warm summer but whether its this year, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

snaps wrote: »
    summer seems to have started early this year. Lovely day out.

Really? :eek: Horrible day in Donegal, Gloomy, misty and wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Pangea wrote: »
    Horrible day in Donegal, Gloomy, misty and wet.

Yep, summer starting early this year. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

What would everyone like to see Summer 2013 bring?

Me personally, as much as I'm a fan of cold, snow, wet and windy I would like to see a warm summer this year, with plenty of opportunity's to see NLC's and having to sleep with the door open at night it's that warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

What would everyone like to see Summer 2013 bring?

Me personally, as much as I'm a fan of cold, snow, wet and windy I would like to see a warm summer this year, with plenty of opportunity's to see NLC's and having to sleep with the door open at night it's that warm!

The Sun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Looking forward to a decent summer with a hot spell threatening 30c at some point. And thunderstorms at night, approaching from Biscay, we haven't had many of them in the last few years, not that we get many anyway, but you know what I mean,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sunny days of 25C+ are becoming more rare in Ireland than snow days, I would love to see a proper summer this year, with temperatures of 18-22C for most of May to end of August with a few spells of 23-30C in between with a couple of thunderstorms thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Looking forward to a decent summer with a hot spell threatening 30c at some point. And thunderstorms at night, approaching from Biscay, we haven't had many of them in the last few years, not that we get many anyway, but you know what I mean,

I wouldn't mind this classic weather scenario. I hope Ken Ring is correct. I remember 1990 warm sunny days and some good thunderstorms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

You cant beat a good summer thunderstorm.
    Please god can we have a good warm summer and a few thunderstorms.

I think we are overdue one amongst other weather events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

A couple of thunder storms would be nice. Night time ones even better. Couple of rotating cells even, a shooting star then some snow all in one night.

I'm aiming low this year :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Bejubby wrote: »
    You cant beat a good summer thunderstorm.
    Please god can we have a good warm summer and a few thunderstorms.

I think we are overdue one amongst other weather events.

a good warm summer is propably the most overdue weather event, even compared to decent snow/winters.

The last hot summer I remember is when I was a nipper .I had a small 3 wheel trike and it was so hot and sunny,I burned the backs of my legs off it trying too sit on it.

That was back in the early eighties or possibly late seventies.
    There isn't many more hot summers I can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

After the winter i've had regarding rain and flooding here, i would gladly take a cloudy and dry summer. im just sick of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

The last hot summer I remember is when I was a nipper .I had a small 3 wheel trike and it was so hot and sunny,I burned the backs of my legs off it trying too sit on it.

1995 was a real hot one.
    It's the last one that stands out for me.
    Edit: actually 2006 was another one.

Anything but that horrible misty murky weather this summer please.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Im getting married in May and except for last year May has always been one of the drier months of the "Summer" so the odd's are slightly favourable for dry if not sunny and warm weather.With that said though my sister got married New Years Day 2012 and it was a peach of a day whereas somebody else i know got married last June and it was a horrible day lashing rain all day so you never know.A sunny period that doesnt even have to be too warm would do me this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Hope it is like last year cool, dull and wet. My business does far better in that weather. The days the sun shone I got less sales and people bought more when it was raining.

ardmacha wrote: »
    Well, we infer from this that you are not an ice-cream man.

chiliid.jpg

From my own point of view, I'm just hoping for a nice hot August Bank Holiday weekend for personal reasons!

Aiel wrote: »
    Im getting married in May and except for last year May has always been one of the drier months of the "Summer" so the odd's are slightly favourable for dry if not sunny and warm weather.With that said though my sister got married New Years Day 2012 and it was a peach of a day whereas somebody else i know got married last June and it was a horrible day lashing rain all day so you never know.A sunny period that doesnt even have to be too warm would do me this summer.

May the force be with you:-)

Dunno about you but I'm going for a hot summer this year no doubts atall :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Out to t120 the 6z GFS looks like its going to be an upgrade - I'm beginning to get taken in by this again......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Out to t120 the 6z GFS looks like its going to be an upgrade - I'm beginning to get taken in by this again......

Summer 2013 must be well into FI Rebel :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I'd like clean clear skies please, especially at night. Cloudgazing instead of stargazing is getting annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

Summer of 2003? Does that ring a bell?
    I remember that Summer and as far as I can remember it was not so bad with generally sunny weather on the evenings and although not very warm it was not so bad.

Also, the Summer of 2005 was not so bad? I think.:rolleyes: Old age memory problems perhaps? Anyone with some real data?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Timmyboy wrote: »
    Summer of 2003? Does that ring a bell?
    I remember that Summer and as far as I can remember it was not so bad with generally sunny weather on the evenings and although not very warm it was not so bad.

Also, the Summer of 2005 was not so bad? I think.:rolleyes: Old age memory problems perhaps? Anyone with some real data?

At Oxegen 2005, it was something like 29*C or 30*C. Overall, it was a decent summer. 2002 and 2004 weren't bad either, compared to summers from 2007 onwards. I think 2001 was okay, but my memory is foggy.

You can find summaries on Met.ie, I couldn't be bothered looking for them because I have a headcold.

Advertisement