Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serious price drops on tablets

• 07-12-2012 10:41am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed some massive price drops in tablets in shops over here recently. The Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is going for €279, the Acer a700 for €379 and the Asus TF300 for €279. Is this happening everywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

In the UK the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" works out at £207 after £30 cash back from Amazon.

The Galaxy Tab 2 7" keeps coming in and out of stock on Amazon but if you can grab one it works out at around £125-£130 after the cash back.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I reckon Google have indirectly forced other manufacturers to drop their prices with the release of the Nexus range. In particular the Nexus 7 has made other android tabs look rather expensive for what they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Do-more wrote: »
    In the UK the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" works out at £207 after £30 cash back from Amazon.

The Galaxy Tab 2 7" keeps coming in and out of stock on Amazon but if you can grab one it works out at around £125-£130 after the cash back.

Probably been answered a million times already but whats the cash back from amazon about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I've noticed some massive price drops in tablets in shops over here recently. The Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is going for €279, the Acer a700 for €379 and the Asus TF300 for €279. Is this happening everywhere?

ok I;m not a techie person but I dont quite get this....

I bought a very good ACER laptop last year for €350.....but an ACER laptop at €379 is huge price drop?

Is a tablet better than a Laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Probably been answered a million times already but whats the cash back from amazon about?

Sorry to clarify the cash back offer is from Samsung themselves.

Amazon seem to have the best prices at the moment.

Couple of threads in Bargain alerts will give you more details.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Tombo2001 wrote: »

I bought a very good ACER laptop last year for €350.....but an ACER laptop at €379 is huge price drop?

Simple answer is NO, laptops are better and have more versatility, however the hit thing these days is to have a tablet.

Tablets are smaller, why people like them, but unfortunately they have limited usability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Simple answer is NO, laptops are better and have more versatility, however the hit thing these days is to have a tablet.

Tablets are smaller, why people like them, but unfortunately they have limited usability.

Agreed, a tablet is not a replacement for a laptop - despite what MS may say on the subject..

It is however very handy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

homer911 wrote: »
    Agreed, a tablet is not a replacement for a laptop - despite what MS may say on the subject..

It is however very handy...

And your claims on this are ??

The Surface Pro looks like a game changer if quite high priced it appears.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tombo2001 wrote: »

Better for different things, worse for others. There's some degree of overlap but one won't replace the other completely, at least not currently. Look at the price of top end phones for another example of price/functionality. It doesn't make sense on the face of it to spend that much but when you consider how much you use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anitajinks

Where did you see Asus for that money?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I;m not sure how easy ir would be to get that €50 cashback

This is the link to the cashback from: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/redirect.html/ref=amb_link_172233547_2?location=http://www.50euros-tf300.asus.fr/Formulaire.pdf&token=0CEE38FC8BBBF1504A820194882E978487E0943E&pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0W4GWSRF6N5ANHGMJ9P3&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=338712267&pf_rd_i=1000682463

I you translate those T&C's at the bottom, you get this:
    The refund will be made ​​by bank transfer within 8 weeks after receipt of your complete dossier. Offer available to individuals resident
    in France (including Corsica)
    , limited to one request per household (same name, same address and / or same RIB). Shipping costs are not reimbursed. all
    application is incomplete, illegible, fraudulent or non-compliant will be considered void. In accordance with the Data Protection Act dated 06/01/1978, participants have a right to access, correct or delete any personal information by writing to the ASUS - Building went Horizon 10
    Welcome - 93160 - Noisy le Grand. ASUS France RCS 442 854 261 RCS Meaux

Could be an issue..

No problem for French residents (like me). I was wondering if they were doing the same offers in other countries and if it would be worth me picking one up for someone at home when I go back for Christmas.

Advertisement