Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine up North

Options
  • 07-12-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Right so... where's the best place to buy gargle up the North??
    My cousin mentioned some place near Jonesborough that does good deals on wine in bulk.
    Sainsburys I think are getting a bit comfortable with their Southern trade and lashing up their prices. Where do North Louth folk recommend checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Aldi on the Newry road or down beside the Marshes....

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Second the Aldi. Or First and Last off licence - it is great for bulk buying. It is in Jonesborough. Think it could be the one your cousin mentioned. Although my advice, either get your butt up there really early on a Saturday morning or go mid week :)

Sainsburys have plenty of offers coming up though so dont rule it out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Good place out the Castleblaney Rd, fantastic for bulk buys. Think it may be the Dundalk side of Culloville. But as Mugs said cant get past Aldi for price and quality and convenience...

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

MugMugs wrote: »
    Aldi on the Newry road or down beside the Marshes....
    This is in the Republic though, no?!
    Is there serious bargains there?
    I was more referring to locations in the 6 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

kormak wrote: »
    This is in the Republic though, no?!
    Is there serious bargains there?
    I was more referring to locations in the 6 counties.

I know you were but I advocate shopping local when it's sensible and frankly, I find the wines in Aldi as good as most of the mainstream brands you'll get in the likes of Tesco / Dunnes / Sainsburys anyway if not sometimes nicer and for much the same price wise.

I may well not be a semillon however I like to think I know a good bottle and I've not had a bad one out of Aldi and enjoy their generally decent prices.

Apologies however if that isn't to your taste. I am unable to recommend a seller up North.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

MugMugs wrote: »
    I know you were but I advocate shopping local when it's sensible and frankly, I find the wines in Aldi as good as most of the mainstream brands you'll get in the likes of Tesco / Dunnes / Sainsburys anyway if not sometimes nicer and for much the same price wise.

I may well not be a semillon however I like to think I know a good bottle and I've not had a bad one out of Aldi and enjoy their generally decent prices.

Apologies however if that isn't to your taste. I am unable to recommend a seller up North.

Sommelier??
    If that was a pun, it was fantastic :D

Advertisement