Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

80 points for the week. chuffed. was on 54 before tonights game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

61 for the week. Not bad considering I captained Fellaini and had a patched up team of ten players.

I've fallen further down leagues though. Not having a good season at all due to my own poor decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A great night tonight, moved my score from 40 to 74. Was 157K before tonight, will be interesting to see where I end up in the rankings.

Now which of Sess or Fletcher to ship back out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lemlin wrote: »
    61 for the week. Not bad considering I captained Fellaini and had a patched up team of ten players.

I've fallen further down leagues though. Not having a good season at all due to my own poor decision making.

Tell me about it. I had a fantastic start.....averaged over 75 for my first 3/4 weeks but since then very average and fell right back down. Captaincy has been a nightmare for me. Still very early though.

I just played my WC this week and needed the 77 I managed to pick up, should have gained on most of my rivals.

Fizman wrote: »
    I just played my WC this week and needed the 77 I managed to pick up, should have gained on most of my rivals.

And that 77 has 28 behind it on my bench (between my 3 outfield players). Could have been a serious week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Had a good night tonight from Mignolet, Johnson and Fletcher bringing me up to 84, by far my best score this season.

KevIRL wrote: »
    A great night tonight, moved my score from 40 to 74. Was 157K before tonight, will be interesting to see where I end up in the rankings.

Now which of Sess or Fletcher to ship back out....

Finish ranked 68k. That's some jump in one night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finish ranked 68k. That's some jump in one night.

That's something I've noticed this year. I'm hovering around 150k but the difference between the top 10k and where I am is generally between 60 and 80 points so its not that far off.

Can't see myself making the top 500 like last year though.

Not having the motivation of a paid work league has effected my motivation this year. In previous seasons, there'd be regular banter re the league in work which kept it interesting but that's not there this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Inside the top 750 overall :D 3rd in the FSA league

Jumped from 235k last night to 135k tonight thanks to Cuellar and Sess (c).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

This is almost the perfect evening for me.

My transfers this week were Fletcher (for Suarez) and Cuellar (for Barnett) for a 4 pts hit. Took the decisions quickly to avoid losing cash as I had missed out on a lot of price rises previously and thinking/hoping that the DGW would cover the hit...

Going into tonight game I was quite desperate about my poor and hasty decision making. In the end despite Robson-kanu not getting involved (well I'm only losing 1 pt compared to Walters 3) and Sess 94th min goal (which one of my rival has captain) I cannot be more relieved from this evening result. 16 points from Fletcher & Cuellar is not only some kind of a miracle but it also impedes a lot of players to get big points coming in from the bench and a "lucky" captain switch to Michu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Finished on 78, my best score of the season and I'm now just outside the top 30,000 in the overall standings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Lot of people got pretty lucky last night but I guess I can't complain too much. 76 points sees me shift slightly up to 5,000th. In reality Fletcher playing only cost me 2 points, I'm more annoyed at last nights result as it massively helped some of my rivals!

Most likely change for this week is still Fletcher -> Berbs, mainly based on fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

69 for the week thanks to Cuellar.

fúck you all you Fletcher owners.

a guy in my league had Cuellar as captain, so I can't believe he got that lucky last night. he also had Gardner though, so it balanced out a bit.

143rd in the world. sticking solid around the 100 mark, so all good really.

most likely transfer will be a defender, or i might bank it, but it depends on Bale and Walcott. if both aren't fit again, i may have a decision to make.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RANT - Sunderland looking absolutely ****e in from of goal, people gambled big time on Sessegnon who has done nothing all season and an injured Fletcher. Sess did nothing for 181 minutes and ended up with a goal and 2 bonus :rolleyes:. /RANT

At least Fletcher coming on for 5 points kept big scorers on the bench (Michu, Clyne, Puncheon, Rafael) and captaincies off Michu etc.

Double clean sheet and an assist for Cuellar. 85 for the week and into the top 10 of the boards league. Transfers made for next week, going to forget about the game until Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The DGW kind of balanced out for me in the end. It cost me insomuch as I brought Shorey in, and if I hadn't I would have started Rafael. But Cuellar's haul last made it a bit easier to take.

Finished on 74, and now just outside 150k.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    RANT - Sunderland looking absolutely ****e in from of goal, people gambled big time on Sessegnon who has done nothing all season and an injured Fletcher. Sess did nothing for 181 minutes and ended up with a goal and 2 bonus :rolleyes:. /RANT

How can you rant! You gambled on 2 players from a defence that has kept 3 clean sheets in 15 games, playing Chelsea and then Reading (who put three past United recently). Not only did you get 2 clean sheets, you bagged an unlikely assist! AND Fletcher playing has clearly helped you.

Sess scoring was late was a bit lucky, and screwed me over a bit too, but it got you a Cuellar assist! Had Fletcher not played and Sunderland conceded (as expected), you would likely have finished on about 922, while I would be on 920. Instead you are on 933 and I'm on 918. And this is on top of you getting two 6 pointers off the bench...

Less of your ranting haha :)

FutureGuy wrote: »

At least Fletcher coming on for 5 points kept big scorers on the bench (Michu, Clyne, Puncheon, Rafael) and captaincies off Michu etc.

Double clean sheet and an assist for Cuellar. 85 for the week and into the top 10 of the boards league. Transfers made for next week, going to forget about the game until Friday.

Fletch got the 2BPs not Sess, to be fair Sunderland bossed the game completely and the result was never in doubt, Sess was okay too, would have a couple of assists only for decent-ish saves from Federici. Also if Sess was lucky with the goal then Cuellar was doubly so with the assist. Nice rant though, looking forward to one if you get another low score like 85 anytime soon :D

roryc wrote: »
    How can you rant! You gambled on 2 players from a defence that has kept 3 clean sheets in 15 games, playing Chelsea and then Reading (who put three past United recently). Not only did you get 2 clean sheets, you bagged an unlikely assist! AND Fletcher playing has clearly helped you.

Sess scoring was late was a bit lucky, and screwed me over a bit too, but it got you a Cuellar assist! Had Fletcher not played and Sunderland conceded (as expected), you would likely have finished on about 922, while I would be on 920. Instead you are on 933 and I'm on 918. And this is on top of you getting two 6 pointers off the bench...

Less of your ranting haha :)

Haha, I think we both know my 2 guys off the bench were always going to come off the bench. Bit of mind games in my money league benching Cazorla and Huth when knowing full well Suarez and Walcott were definately out :)

I went into this gameweek with both Cuellar and Mignolet because I have had Cuellar since GW4 and Mignolet in GW13, when Sunderland had a favourable run of 4 home games in 5 and a double gameweek (and to replace Foster who is STILL injured). I expected clean sheets against WBA, QPR and Reading and I got the latter two which was pleasing. Reading scoring 3 against United was a fluke and the odds for a Sunderland cleanie were quite good. Moot oints has I had the players for weeks.

There was no way I was dropping either for a home game vs Reading and anything gained from the Chelsea game (was hoping for save points from Mig) was a bonus.

The assist was just a bonus but one I will gladly take. I try to have defensers with attacking threat so anytime they come up with a goal or an assist, it's welcome.
    Fletch got the 2BPs not Sess, to be fair Sunderland bossed the game completely and the result was never in doubt, Sess was okay too, would have a couple of assists only for decent-ish saves from Federici. Also if Sess was lucky with the goal then Cuellar was doubly so with the assist. Nice rant though, looking forward to one if you get another low score like 85 anytime soon :D

lol, it's less about my score and more about the fact that everyone in my money league jumped on the Sunderland attack who have been awful. The guy in second brought in McClean who had 0 goals and 1 assist all season long, and had played 21, 45, 21 and 84 minutes in his last 4 games. 16 points. Poor decision making yet reaped the rewards. It happens.

It was a great opportunity to pull way ahead of them before Christmas. I'm 60 ahead so won't complain too much.

My point being it is downright crazy to go on a rant over Sess scoring, when not only did it help you with an unlikely Cuellar assist, but you had already got 12 points from the game which was nowhere near guaranteed! And as mentioned already Fletcher not playing is yet another bonus. I never even mentioned the fact that Clyne and Puncheon bagged you a highly unlikely 21 points (although Puncheon is proving to be a decent player), and you managed to captain your highest scorer. Its close to a perfect week... Next you'll be ranting about playing Enrique over Nelson!

Overall, you've just got an 85 point week and moved up to 2,500th, it's REALLY not the time to be ranting :eek:

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    My point being it is downright crazy to go on a rant over Sess scoring, when not only did it help you with an unlikely Cuellar assist, but you had already got 12 points from the game which was nowhere near guaranteed! And as mentioned already Fletcher not playing is yet another bonus. I never even mentioned the fact that Clyne and Puncheon bagged you a highly unlikely 21 points (although Puncheon is proving to be a decent player), and you managed to captain your highest scorer. Its close to a perfect week... Next you'll be ranting about playing Enrique over Nelson!

Overall, you've just got an 85 point week and moved up to 2,500th, it's REALLY not the time to be ranting :eek:

I think it stems more from the fact I had also taken a slight gamble by taking Sess OUT in gw15 but I was certain he would do nothing because he was so shocking in the QPR game. So close to being right.

For the DGW, I put my chips on the following. No returns of note for Reading at all, no real returns for Sunderlands attack with the exception of Fletcher (if fit) and Johnson and clean sheet for Sunderland vs Reading. No returns for Sessegnon. I wasn't far off.

Going into the Reading game, I was pretty confident of a Southampton cleanie and Puncheon getting attacking points.

Puncheon has been nothing short of phenomenal since he regained his starting place. He also had a perfectly good goal disallowed vs Reading so could have scored 16. I got my cleanie and the only thing I didn't expect was a Clyne assist.

Anyways, it was less of a rant (despite the name) and more of an annoyance :) Had Sunderlands attack not done much yesterday, I would be way ahead in my money league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Shawcross's bonus gone to Cameron today & Sess's has gone to Cuellar now .

Not sure if any other changes but I'm happy with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sons of bitches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Jax Teller wrote: »

Amazing!! I have Cameron. Up to 77 points for the week now.

Good. Never like Sess anyways :-p

Woop, up to 66. My rival had Sess as his Captain but had Cameron too so no difference.

Brilliant! Bumps me up 1,000 places to 4,600th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

That bumps me up to 2500, giggidy
    My 4 man defence got 39 points this week, probably as much as they got for the rest of the season.
    Only choice that didnt work out for me this week.was my captain, but stil.got a tidy score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

What happened to the Stoke clean sheet = 3 automatic bonus points for Shawcross. I thought it was written in the Fantasy Premier League rule book :pac:

• Advertisement

I had Sess as captain, but also had Cuellar and Guzan (+2 bps), so my total stays at 77 for the week. Jumped 5k places to 130k mind. :)

Advertisement