Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get personalised Tree decorations

• 07-12-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have ordered a few personalised christmas tree decs online for friends. (you know the ones where you upload a photo and it gets printed on a tree decoration?)
    However, one of the friends I had bought it for (acutally the main friend I wanted to do this for) has just had word that her dad is sick and she is now heading to her home country for christmas and is leaving next week so the last chance I will have to give it to her is Monday. The online jobbies probably won't arrive by then (7-10 days and monday is day 7!)

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that can do this while you wait? so I bring in the picture on a flash drive and they print it there and then for you? or even if it was to be collected the next day or something? Or one of those places that put photos on mugs - if I got a plain tree dec they might be able to put the photo on it.

I really want to have this done for her, particularly now her dad has taken a turn for the worse, as the photo is of her and her dad last Christmas and I know it will mean a lot to her.

Would really appreciate it if any boardsies could point me in the right direction?

thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A lot of photograph printing places sell baubles that you can put a photograph in. Give me a sec and I'll take a photo of the one I have and upload it so you can see if it's suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This is the one I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

thanks Bobblehead Panda, but thats not what I'm after. Its a ceramic decoration with the photo actually printed onto it. Like this
    http://www.zazzle.co.uk/christmas+ornaments

This is where I have ordered from, the items have been shipped and it'll take about 7-10 working days. Monday is day 7. So I don't hold out a lot of hope of receiving it in time for Monday evening (I might, but I'm not banking on it).

It wouldn't be a big deal only that my friend leaves for home on Wednesday morning, and my last chance to see her is Monday evening. If all else fails I will get her something small and give her the real gift when she returns, but because of the sentiment, and that she is going home to visit her dad, I would REALLY love to have it for her before she leaves. I know it will mean a lot to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

I purchased ones today in Dealz, you just slip your own photo inside,
    Its your own photo and plastic but at least you could have them quick, and do a collection of them-

Also, lots of other personalised decorations in places like Heatons there more names and that as such, also a few around you can write on yourself.

None are of the quality or price as the link though, I like them myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm not sure if they have what you are looking for but the website www.wowwee.ie have personalised decorations on cremic where the name(s) is (are) painted on. They are delivered within a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

thank's for all the replies guys, but what I am looking for is where you personalise it with a photo. A name is no good. And I don't think a plastic one with the photo would be right.

I picked something else up for her yesterday, and I'll just have to give her the one I ordered online after christmas. Never mind :(

Advertisement