Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping in d'Whiskey for d'baby Jesus's birthday?

Options
  • 07-12-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine wants to get some Powers whiskey in for Xmas. Can you just buy it online and ship it over or would customs intercept it and get locked on it themselves and say nothing...?

Or does anyone know a shebeen in Perth that sells it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I dont think the customs people are like the royal mail so should get through fine, when dad had his 75th there a few years ago I sent him over a bottle of 25 year old Middleton Very Rare from Cork to Brisbane, I just declared what it was and that it was in a timber presentation case, went through fine, by the sound of it it was inspected but that was probably the timber they were looking at

There are a few different options for Powers in online shops like www.whiskymarketplace.com.au/powers-whiskey ranging from $38 to $70 i dont know shipping costs, or you could get a bottle of Fecken Irish Whiskey for $50 form www.tasteireland.com.au if your drinking for the effect and not the taste, they also do a bottle of Jameson for $58

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Cheers

He is also wondering could somebody send over 200 Silkcut fags for him now as he's getting depressed and considering quiting the fags due to the pictures on the boxes, no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Or he could get by with one box and recycle it, I'm sure it will be a novelty having a box that does not make you want to vomit, be class seeing the obligatory Irish packet of cigs with the Polish health warning on it of course, and that from a person who last smoked when they were 12, I was cool for a day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

I looked into this for someone over there and its not worth it. It'll be caught by customs and they won't get it until the duty is paid which works out at around $65 for the whiskey and $85 for the cigarettes. (thats on top of the cost of buying them and postage).

Buy the whiskey locally and get a roll of duct tape or something to cover the pictures on the smokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Most off licenses sell Jameson, not difficult to find. I'm not sure if they have Powers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

rightyabe wrote: »
    Cheers

He is also wondering could somebody send over 200 Silkcut fags for him now as he's getting depressed and considering quiting the fags due to the pictures on the boxes, no joke.

My brothers gave up cigarettes for two days because of the picture of Bryan. Jesus he got a bad going over from them. I'd say he would work better on a pack slimfast though.

Advertisement