Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing teenagers to the o2

Options
  • 07-12-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am bringing my eldest daughter and her friend to see Ed Sheeran at the o2 in january, my younger daughter is also coming. The only tickets I could get were 2 standing and 2 seated. I emailed the o2 to see if it would be ok if the two older girls (14/15 yrs) could stand while myself and youngest sit. The entrances on the tickets are different too. I got a reply saying we must all enter the venue together and when I asked if they could go into standing alone I got this reply "If you all enter the building via the box office and management will talk you through the procedures on the night".
    Has anyone done this before? What does it mean? Should I try to swap tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

As you are a parent with a young child among your group, I'd say there'd be nothing wrong with you "ignoring the directions of the stewards" and ensuring that you all enter by the same door. Depending on what Block your seats are in, that will dictate the entry for the seats. Door One is the one on quayside, Door Two is the one along the side of the building, and Door Three is the one near the Luas, the original main entrance of the old Point.
    The side door is usually exclusively for seated tickets - as soon as you get in, you're immediately shepherded up the stairs - so my advice is for you to go in via the quayside or the Luas side, and once you explain that you want to all go in together, to ensure your daughters were alright, they can't really argue.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Go in the door labelled box office/concierege and it should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

marwelie wrote: »
    Go in the door labelled box office/concierege and it should be fine

I'd say this is your best bet (it's beside door 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 decale

Thanks. Sounds like we should be ok then. We will go in that entrance together and hope for the best.

Advertisement