Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to PS - Help!

• 07-12-2012 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Hi

this may sound simple to dedicated users of PS but I'm new to it and it's driving me MAD!

I'm selecting an image to move from a document using the Marquee Tool, which is fine. However, when I got to move it grey and white boxes appear underneath the area I've marquee'd. A colleague did the same procedure yesterday but when she moved the image it was just white under there.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I want white in the negative space under the moved image - not these grey and white boxes! I've used the Help function in PS but can't narrow down my search enough to get the right answer.

Thanks guys, p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

Make your selection and have your background colour set to white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

La Haine wrote: »
    Make your selection and have your background colour set to white.

Oh my God, so simple. Thank you very much!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The chequerboard indicates transparency. This is useful in supported formats like PNG and GIF. Otherwise when you save it should default you your background colour.

Advertisement