Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing provider mid contract

• 07-12-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the situation is with changing a provider (UTV) mid term. I have three months left on my contract but have been offered the €17.50 deal from Sky, which is cheaper than the €48 I am paying with UTV. Will I get away with just paying up the three months at €48 (will still work out cheaper)??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Anyone know what the situation is with changing a provider (UTV) mid term. I have three months left on my contract but have been offered the €17.50 deal from Sky, which is cheaper than the €48 I am paying with UTV. Will I get away with just paying up the three months at €48 (will still work out cheaper)??

Hi

It depends on how long are you with UTV. If iit more that 12 months then there should be no issue. If however it is within the initial period you may be liable for the balance of the 12 month contract. Best to read UTV's terms & conditions to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

How would paying up the last 3 months aswell as paying the 17.50 to sky work out cheaper than just seeing out the last 3 months of the contract before moving to sky :D?

Personally I'd be looking at the positives here, being stuck with UTV for an extra 3 months means you get to see how people who sign up with Sky are getting on before you jump ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭cullenswood

How would paying up the last 3 months aswell as paying the 17.50 to sky work out cheaper than just seeing out the last 3 months of the contract before moving to sky :D?

because the 17.50 price is not confirmed to be the price that Sky will offer when they go fully public with their Broadband

Advertisement