Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 days of Christmas

• 07-12-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

♫ On the first day of Christmaaaaaas....... ♫

For the past while my lovely husband has been under a lot of pressure so I'd like to spoil him. I'm thinking of doing a 12 gifts of christmas thing for him, starting on Dec 13th finishing on 25th, as opposed to starting on 25th. Here are my ideas so far.

1. Full tank of petrol, stick a ribbon on the fuel gauge in the car with a little note.

2. Pair of gloves that he can wear when walking the dogs late at night

3. Big roast chicken dinner or a squeeky chicken toy for him to play with the dogs with.

4. 2 pairs of socks, or a pair of socks and a pair of slippers

5. Bass guitar strings and a plec.

6. Bottles of beer

7. Swans swimming, so I'm thinking of booking a back massage in his gym and joining him for a swim, sauna etc

8. Multipack of Milky way bars.

9. Ladies dancing, well I suppose a dancing lady would fit in well here?

10. New wallet with €10 in it.

11. A good leather belt.

12. A telescope (12 constellations)

Now for number 12, I'm not really sure because the 12th day is christmas day itself and the telescope will only be cheap because he has only expressed a passing interest. Although I would like to get him one I might move it up the list a bit.

So who has done this before? What gifts did you give? How did it go down? Any suggestions for my list gratefully accepted!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Where were you when I was single!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Right changing already.

10. A new pillow (he's constantly moaning about his pillows) and fresh christmassy bed

11. Christmas eve pack for both of us, easy dinner, mulled wine, sweets, etc

12. A telescope (12 constellations), wallet & belt.

Good idea than NIMAN? :) He doesn't like fuss so he might not like it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great idea, very thoughtful, I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Advertisement