Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managed print service

• 07-12-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone! You've been a great help so far so i'm back again :)

We're looking at going down the road of managed print services. From a brief bit of asking around Oki, HP & Xerox/Ricoh seem to be the big players.

Has anyone had any experience with these? I'm going to speak to my old boss today about the Xerox route as he uses them. I know Paddy power use Oki which gives me the impression they must be pretty reliable.

Any information at all would be great, any experiences with this process etc would also be useful

Thanks and thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

STAY WAY FROM XEROX!!!!

There is next to no support in ESA and we have had nothing but problems with them.

Ricoh, Oki and Kyocera are nice units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

We use Rioch and good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

STAY WAY FROM XEROX!!!!

There is next to no support in ESA and we have had nothing but problems with them.

Ricoh, Oki and Kyocera are nice units.

My old boss uses Xerox, he said he got 3 quotes and Xerox killed the rest. He didn't have any complaints so i'm going to get them to quote anyway. Thanks for that though, good to know

Anyone else have any experience?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Been using Ricoh in the office for the last 6 years... no complaints so far. Have it through Bizquip and have to say their service has been very good with good backup support from Ricoh themselves. Not connected with either company by the way.

No idea what Xerox are like to be honest but they are a fairly well established brand as are Oki and Canon, but again no experience so not sure what they are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Thanks ToxicPaddy.

I'll get 3 quotes/3 different brands from recommended suppliers like Bizquip etc

If anyone else has any experience with companies please let me know, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

We are with MJ Flood and they are excellent - two large multi-function units and billed by the printed sheet. Low maintenance and support when they do go wrong is swift and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Higgsie

We have 8 Xerox MFP's, 5 7545's & 3 7120's doing over 55,000 prints a quarter without any serious issues.

Advertisement