Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Monitor Advice

• 07-12-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all. I am looking to buy a Gaming monitor in the range of €150 - €250 and would appreciate your suggestions. I have a HD7950 RoyalKing gpu and hopefully in the future would like to set up eyefinity. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

in before shadowhearth!

dell U2312hm from amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

best advise really is to just look for something that has an ips panel and low response time if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Heretofore

Cheers guys, will do a bit of research, that Dell looks a good shout though. If you come up with others please let me know. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    in before shadowhearth!

dell U2312hm from amazon

Id go for a U2412m tbh as its inside your budget, theres quite a bit of difference going from 1920X1080 to 1920X1200 , it doesnt sound much but put both beside eachother and its very evident.
    Im using a U2412M ,brother has the U2312hm.
    Both fantastic IPS screens btw with all the features you could want.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Ultrasharp-U2412M-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B005LNDPPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354903653&sr=8-1

• Advertisement

Could push for the catleap, any idea on the delivery time from Korea?

You could also buy my 10 week U2412M which im thinking of selling on adverts to part fund a catleap or similar :)
    Shameless plug i know :P

I think the catleap takes about 5-7 days from Korea.

Dcully wrote: »
    You could also buy my 10 week U2412M which im thinking of selling on adverts to part fund a catleap or similar :)
    Shameless plug i know :P

I think the catleap takes about 5-7 days from Korea.

Haha thanks but I'm pretty sold on the Catleap now (Damn you guys!) It's seems pretty well liked on the Catleap thread. 5-7 days?? Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Do you know if your graphics card overclocks as well as the sample they used for this review?

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/club_3d_7950_royal_king_review/3

Hey tuxy, i only ordered the Royalking last friday so i have yet to recieve it (will have it monday). I got it on the back of the same review you read. I will be overclocking it so i will gladly let you know the results when i find out.

• Advertisement

Humm looks like if i get taxed on the Catleap its going to drive it well above budget. Does anybody have any opinions on the ACHIEVA Shimian QH270?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-Lite-Quad-HD-2560x1440-16-9-D-Sub-Computer-Monitor-/220961455233?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3372543c81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

uses the exact same panel as the catleaps only difference is it just different chasis as far as i can see

Just bit the bullet and ordered the Catleap
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SEi-27-LED-S-IPS-2560X1440-WQHD-6ms-DVI-D-PC-Monitor-/140853868709?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20cb8b78a5

Off out to stand on a street corner to make up the budget deficit now

you've made the right choice. also nice find on that green sum listing. for some reason he wasn't popping up on my search when listing it by lowest price :confused:

we've got our own catleap monitor club here so keep us updated with your experience and sign the googledoc when it arrives.

Have to credit IrishMetalHead for the spot, read the whole of that Catleap forum last night n that's what swayed me (would have been happy with a mid range dell prior to reading the thread, ye guys ruined me). Will post all the details when it arrives, just hope I don't live to regret not going pixel perfect.

I always suggest a catleap when its in budget but you'll need more beef to eyefinity that than a sane man can afford.

i think it was tuxy who pointed out that they actually no longer check the monitors if you order the perfect pixel and just refund you the extra cost if it arrives dodgy. if true, it'll mean there really is no point any more. in the past they definitely did check the quality, because ordering PP would mean an extra 2-3 days delivery time due to the inspection.

Just ordered there myself too, tired of sitting on the fence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it depends on the game, I have a 670 and I'm just pushing above 31fps on far cry 3 w/ everything as high as it will go (except msaa which is at 0)

was kinda the same with the witcher 2 and metro2033 but they were both more than playable and looked incredible

then again I've never been an fps whore. once I can play it without feeling likeit's a slideshow, i'm happy

Just ordered there myself too, tired of sitting on the fence.

Who did you order with?

Heretofore wrote: »
    Who did you order with?

Same as you, i used your link thanks :)

Just got paypal confirmation but nothing from seller yet.

• Advertisement

it's just about midnight in korea atm, you wont hear back until monday

it depends on the game, I have a 670 and I'm just pushing above 31fps on far cry 3 w/ everything as high as it will go (except msaa which is at 0)

was kinda the same with the witcher 2 and metro2033 but they were both more than playable and looked incredible

then again I've never been an fps whore. once I can play it without feeling likeit's a slideshow, i'm happy

Single player games im not such a framerate whore but for multiplayer i am :)

well for multiplayer it ain't no thang to drop the quality a small bit

you should be fine with the card for a while, although with the newer games coming out over the next year or more 2560x1440 might become something of an issue for single card users who expect to be able to use anything above medium quality :)

Same as you, i used your link thanks :)

Just got paypal confirmation but nothing from seller yet.

Great, ill have somebody to compare to!

On the fps front, i'd be happy with the 30fps mark for the time being (i should get this with an overclocked 7950 royalking hopefully), the only online games i'll be playing will be Dayz for the next while so im sure the 30fps would be okay. Crossfire will be looked at at a later stage id imagine.

Advertisement