Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa for new born?

Options
  • 07-12-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Just wondering what Santa's you'd recommend in Dublin for a 3 month old. Shopping centre is fine as I don't think he'd appreciate anything too elaborate at this stage!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

In fairness, it's really about the photo op at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't think i would bother. Unless its one where its just about the photo and you don't have to pay for a gift.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

NextSteps wrote: »
    In fairness, it's really about the photo op at this stage :)
    eviltwin wrote: »
    I don't think i would bother. Unless its one where its just about the photo and you don't have to pay for a gift.

That is one way of looking at it, but though I know baby is too young at 7 months to know about Christmas or Santa, its more about us having our first Christmas together as a proper family, and its important to me that we start our own family traditions.

Maybe its because I had 3 years of a childless Christmas when we were having difficulty getting pregnant, but this year, we have a healthy, happy baby and we are so grateful for our good fortune we want to celebrate it.

In our case, Santa wont be leaving anything elaborate or expensive. We know that a baby walker will be useful so will be asking Santa for that, and also some books because baby really loves storytime, and I want to foster a love of books the way I had growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Neyite wrote: »
    We know that a baby walker will be useful so will be asking Santa for that, and also some books because baby really loves storytime, and I want to foster a love of books the way I had growing up.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've just bought a couple of the most beautiful cloth books for my 3 month old from santa - you just reminded me of them -Good Night Teddy I hope will become part of our bedtime routine, it's really really gorgeous!

http://www.fun-2-learn.com/shop/books/good-night-teddy/
    http://www.fun-2-learn.com/shop/books/my-quiet-book/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

My sister showed me pics of her friends with their daughter who is under the 1yr, they took her to the Arnotts Santa as its only about meeting him and having a photo, no gifts or other bull**** to wrangle more money. She said the parents were gushing about how wonderful he was, he sat the little lass on his knee facing him and sang softly to her until she was calm and utterly mesmerised by him, then they jumped in on either side of him and got a beautiful family picture in which the little one is smiling happy and I have to say it made me teary eyed just looking at it.

I'm hoping to bring mine in to meet him, (5yo 4yo and 8wks) but I've no idea if it'll be manageable :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I take a picture every year to add to the christmas tree decorations. My eldest is 7 now and we love looking at them and putting them back up every year. Each new year's eve we buy chineese lanterns and light them and let them float away. It's lovely in the pitch dark.

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/aspen_woods_personalised_photo_ornament-175291451082965615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

I would go for Arnotts also. You need to get there at 9.30am or whatever time he opens from now on. It will be busy.

Its €10 for two 5 x 7 photos. They also have keyrings and magnets. I got a bauble for the xmas tree with a photo of my gang in it. I thought it would be a bit naff but it turned out really nice. I am sorry now that I didn't get one for the grannies.

Advertisement