Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Remote Controls

Options
  • 07-12-2012 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations on the best ones out there?
    Thinking of getting one for the Xmas to make extra room on the coffee table :)

Willing to pay for a good quality remote.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Logitech have a good name.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

From reading reviews Logitech seem to be getting the best ratings.
    Anyone know if they work with a the Sky magic eye (tv link)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Yep, Logitech are good stuff. Keep an eye on this thread, you may get a sizeable discount. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056828273

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

+1 for Logitech Harmony Remotes. Game changer in how you watch and control your home a/v. I have the 650 and a relatively complex A/V setup and my kids, wife, babysitters, mother-in-law, visitors, etc... can all use it with no problems. Before I got it I could not leave the house without someone calling me looking for help watching TV!

They do eat batteries so get yourself some Energizer AA rechargeables for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kerri Gorm

I have a Universal Remote MX-980. It works really well,very easy to use, sits on a re-chargeable cradle so no batteries needed. and has great options for graphics.
    I spend a full day programming mine to make it simple for anyone to use.
    They are quite expensive though, but worth it.

You can check it out here..http://www.universalremote.com/products/residential/remotes/mx-980

• Advertisement
Advertisement