Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of 60 most valuable players realeased!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

The problem with football fans is that they are idiots and think that the value of a player is directly proportional to how good the player is. Things like position (generally strikers cost more than defenders), age (resale value and potential to get better), marketability and current club stature (players at bigger clubs tend to be valued higher) all have to taken into account. Tis a fairly meaningless list tbh. Fans wrongly use it as a way to compare players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

MUSEIST wrote: »
    The problem with football fans is that they are idiots and think that the value of a player is directly proportional to how good the player is. Things like position (generally strikers cost more than defenders), age (resale value and potential to get better), marketability and current club stature (players at bigger clubs tend to be valued higher) all have to taken into account. Tis a fairly meaningless list tbh. Fans wrongly use it as a way to compare players.

Its not the fans that put value on a player.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Its not the fans that put value on a player.:confused:

Yes but it's the fans (judging by this forum anyway) that use it as a way to compare players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Yes but it's the fans (judging by this forum anyway) that use it as a way to compare players.

really? Did not see anyone even people I diagree with say anything on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

Liam O wrote: »
    Typical it's Nani that people go after at being worth more than Xavi. Not Lucas or Ramires.

maybe its because nani is shít. maybe it's maybelline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I don't understand the logic of this really, Fair enough they are trying to set a value on some players but how Oscar is just €5 Million below Mata is ridiculous but having Hazard ahead of him is taking the piss.

Also big LOL to Pique and Alexis Sanchez.

I was just waiting for Mikel to appear on that list to destroy the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

maybe its because nani is shít. maybe it's maybelline

If it's one or the other, then it's more than likely Maybelline.

areyawell wrote: »
    Wheres Andy Carroll?

The Wright Venue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't understand the logic of this really, Fair enough they are trying to set a value on some players but how Oscar is just €5 Million below Mata is ridiculous but having Hazard ahead of him is taking the piss.

Also big LOL to Pique and Alexis Sanchez.

I was just waiting for Mikel to appear on that list to destroy the internet.

Oscar is 21, Mata is 24, that has a significant impact on their values. Oscar also has 1 more year left on his contract than Mata, these are valid reasons why Mata's only worth 5 million more.

I'm not fully agreeing with that list but it's very clear that people have absolutely no clue how footballers are valued.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Oscar is 21, Mata is 24, that has a significant impact on their values. Oscar also has 1 more year left on his contract than Mata, these are valid reasons why Mata's only worth 5 million more.

I'm not fully agreeing with that list but it's very clear that people have absolutely no clue how footballers are valued.

You'd pay a lot more for Mata than you would Oscar. The likes of Real Madrid, PSG, Man City would be in for a player of Mata's calibre, the same could not be said for Oscar who is a raw talent. Mata is worth far more than Oscar taking into account his contract. Those are not valid reasons at all tbh. If Mata had one year left and Oscar had 5 I'd understand but your just simplifying the whole situation tbh.

How you can decipher that statement as a 'valid' reason is beyond belief and then you gargle on about how 'people have no clue'.

Mata:
    1 x CL
    1 x World Cup
    1 x Euro Championships
    He was by far Chelsea's best player last year

Mata is also the prime candidate for POTY so far this year in the Premier League. It's not okay to try and justify the fee is a sense that, well he's younger and his contract years etc. etc., He is 3 years older and far more of a finished product and, as such, would naturally be worth a lot more.

Also the list is compiled by a Brazilian firm. If you think you'd get Mata for €5 Million more than you would get Oscar then you're simply nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You'd pay a lot more for Mata than you would Oscar. The likes of Real Madrid, PSG, Man City would be in for a player of Mata's calibre, the same could not be said for Oscar who is a raw talent. Mata is worth far more than Oscar taking into account his contract. Those are not valid reasons at all tbh. If Mata had one year left and Oscar had 5 I'd understand but your just simplifying the whole situation tbh.

How you can decipher that statement as a 'valid' reason is beyond belief and then you gargle on about how 'people have no clue'.

Mata:
    1 x CL
    1 x World Cup
    1 x Euro Championships
    He was by far Chelsea's best player last year

Mata is also the prime candidate for POTY so far this year in the Premier League. It's not okay to try and justify the fee is a sense that, well he's younger and his contract years etc. etc., He is 3 years older and far more of a finished product and, as such, would naturally be worth a lot more.

Also the list is compiled by a Brazilian firm. If you think you'd get Mata for €5 Million more than you would get Oscar then you're simply nuts.
    The footballing transfer market would agree with me. After all, Mata was bought for 23.5m and Oscar for between 20-25m.

And if you think Oscar's just 'raw talent' then you probably haven't watched him play all that much. Hes already a starter for Brazil and Chelsea.

Advertisement