Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Night

Options
  • 07-12-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Do Louth have any singles nights on at all? I'm only 25 but have been single a while and dont know what else to try.

Have tried online dating but never worked out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    PM Sent

I have not received anything :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

You just need the right enviroment to meet a nice lady thats all. Preferably not the niteclubs like ridleys in which ladies meet in groups, the noise level is too high, music is terrible and the odds of sparking a conversation is considerably low.

You just need the right enviroment to meet a nice lady thats all. Preferably not the niteclubs like ridleys in which ladies meet in groups, the noise level is too high, music is terrible and the odds of sparking a conversation is considerably low.

Thanks for that advice much appreciated. Then what would you suggest as an alternative?

Thanks for that advice much appreciated. Then what would you suggest as an alternative?

You could always buy a goldfish to keep you company. :P;)

I suggest you look at social events that would allow for such a healthy conversation to flourish. Perhaps you could get involved in some sport or take up some kind of educational night class on a particular topic that interests you. Meet a lady there and BOOM, you both got a topic you happen to like and have something in common already as a bonus to discuss already.

Perhaps go to a music venue like the spirit store in Dundalk. Have a look at a gig of musical genre that you happen to like such as rock, pop or folk. Meet a lady there and like the former, you already have something in common to spark a conversation about and spend some time discussing.

• Advertisement

You could always buy a goldfish to keep you company. :P;)

I suggest you look at social events that would allow for such a healthy conversation to flourish. Perhaps you could get involved in some sport or take up some kind of educational night class on a particular topic that interests you. Meet a lady there and BOOM, you both got a topic you happen to like and have something in common already as a bonus to discuss already.

Perhaps go to a music venue like the spirit store in Dundalk. Have a look at a gig of musical genre that you happen to like such as rock, pop or folk. Meet a lady there and like the former, you already have something in common to spark a conversation about and spend some time discussing.

Very true.....guess with work and college I don't have the time!

Will have to pick up some sport....maybe netball ;-)
    Perhaps not darts!

Very true.....guess with work and college I don't have the time!

Will have to pick up some sport....maybe netball ;-)
    Perhaps not darts!

No girls at work to ask out? No girls at college? tut tut get your self together bro and make it happen. :cool::P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Since when do you need to talk to them in Ridleys to pull? Times have changed! :D

No girls at work to ask out? No girls at college? tut tut get your self together bro and make it happen. :cool::P

All women I take a shine to have the ring on there finger or some gent on their arm!

MugMugs wrote: »
    Since when do you need to talk to them in Ridleys to pull? Times have changed! :D

Since I stopped drinking, and raised my standards! :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Since I stopped drinking, and raised my standards! :-P

and there's your problem.......

rogieop wrote: »

and there's your problem.......

Which part? Well a bit of tongue in cheek there as I am a teetotaler and never touched alcohol in my life

Which part? Well a bit of tongue in cheek there as I am a teetotaler and never touched alcohol in my life

ah i was only messing, re the highering your standards and not drinking.

you're only 25, if i were you id forget about it, sit back do what you enjoy doing and you'd be surprised what will fall into your lap.

ah i was only messing, re the highering your standards and not drinking.

you're only 25, if i were you id forget about it, sit back do what you enjoy doing and you'd be surprised what will fall into your lap.

Yourself and Jammy are bang on. Get out doing stuff more and don't force the issue. Thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

For a non alcohol related environment or place to go to with music etc you should check out The Morning Star coffee house in Park st.Every couple of weeks(Saturdays) they have live music until 10pm,other weeks board game nights.Plenty of singles.

Good people,great atmosphere.

Mods remove if you think this is spam.I have nothing to do with this business

For a non alcohol related environment or place to go to with music etc you should check out The Morning Star coffee house in Park st.Every couple of weeks(Saturdays) they have live music until 10pm,other weeks board game nights.Plenty of singles.

Thanks for that. I live in Dundalk (born here too so don't let the username fool you) so I have no excuse not to check it out!

Don't want to see desperate but I'm just at that stage now where the whole dating lots of women is not appealing anymore!

id always wondered about that place. it seems quite small and thought how does it do a trade right next door to the kingfisher, didnt realise they had music and boardgames etc etc, must pop in and check it out.

might actually tip in for a bit of breakfast this morn!

spam or not, im intrigued! :)

id always wondered about that place. it seems quite small and thought how does it do a trade right next door to the kingfisher, didnt realise they had music and boardgames etc etc, must pop in and check it out.

might actually tip in for a bit of breakfast this morn!

spam or not, im intrigued! :)

Good man and if you would be so kind as to scope out the talent while you are munching that would be great thanks :-)

Off to Sligo myself so unfortunately can't join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

BOOM
    Well a bit of tongue
    you'd be surprised what will fall into your lap.
    ...bang...
    must pop in and check it out.
    ...munching...

Freud would have a field day. :D

mod9maple wrote: »

Freud would have a field day. :D

who?? to be honest I thought the "munching" comment was the only one where I would be 'caught with my trousers down'......you can have that one for free!!

• Advertisement

might actually tip in for a bit

You missed this one!!

Hey Armaghmagic I have just the IDEA for you ;-)

Apply to go on that program take me out. If the girls are feelin nothin and they all hit that button, then may I suggest you post a pic here so we can all have a laugh as well? :P

Seriously though give it a go, ya never know.

Hey Armaghmagic I have just the IDEA for you ;-)

Apply to go on that program take me out. If the girls are feelin nothin and they all hit that button, then may I suggest you post a pic here so we can all have a laugh as well? :P

Seriously though give it a go, ya never know.

Perfect!! And only the poor female posters will get to see my ugly mug! PMs please ladies.....

Hopefully Boards or POF or something will organise a "Wee County" night out!

but otherwise it's.....no likey, no lighty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

In all seriousness, night classes are a good place to meet prospective partners. That way you have an excuse to talk to them, along with everyone else, in getting to know one another and as well you both have a common interest.

Anyway, good luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Do Louth have any singles nights on at all? I'm only 25 but have been single a while and dont know what else to try.

Have tried online dating but never worked out!
    Salsa Dancing...
    I used to pass by a class in Drogheda on a Thursday night and there were about 3 guys and 15 gals in it, and some of them were real lookers! Have to fancy your odds there...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Scotty # wrote: »
    Salsa Dancing...
    I used to pass by a class in Drogheda on a Thursday night and there were about 3 guys and 15 gals in it, and some of them were real lookers! Have to fancy your odds there...

That location is far too vague.... ratio of 5 to 1..... Got the address handy? :D

Scotty # wrote: »
    Salsa Dancing...

Sounds like a plan....plus I can use the skills to impress even more ladies at weddings and such like ;-)

Advertisement