Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting question ?

Options
  • 07-12-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

More curiosity, than an actual query.
    Was just wondering after posting my number to emobile, what if I wanted it back again ?
    i.e if on say an 18 month contract, could I return at any point to the original 085 or a generic emobile number and carry on the contract ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

More curiosity, than an actual query.
    Was just wondering after posting my number to emobile, what if I wanted it back again ?
    i.e if on say an 18 month contract, could I return at any point to the original 085 or a generic emobile number and carry on the contract ?

Hi Zimmerframe,

Once you port your number to eMobile the first eMobile number is cancelled. If you wish to change your number while in contract this can be processed but you would lose your existing number and it would not be possible to get it back.

I hope this clarifies your query.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Gráinne

Thanks Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peetreet

Hi Zimmerframe,

Once you port your number to eMobile the first eMobile number is cancelled. If you wish to change your number while in contract this can be processed but you would lose your existing number and it would not be possible to get it back.

Gráinne

Thanks Grainne

Hi Grainne
    Im getting a new phone for Christmas and it requires a micro sim, I currently use a old regular sim and was wondering what the process was to transfer my old emobile number and contacts to this micro sim? Do I need to contact customer care? And if so is it open Christmas day?
    Thanks

Thanks Grainne

No problem Zimmerframe,

Aways happy to help.

Gráinne
    peetreet wrote: »
    Hi Grainne
    Im getting a new phone for Christmas and it requires a micro sim, I currently use a old regular sim and was wondering what the process was to transfer my old emobile number and contacts to this micro sim? Do I need to contact customer care? And if so is it open Christmas day?
    Thanks

Hi peetreet,

If you are looking to transfer your contacts from your existing sim card to your eMobile sim card you will need to go to an eMobile store to do this.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peetreet

Ok. And if i just wanted to get my current emobile number moved to the micro sim, is it just a case of ringing customer care? Is customer care open Christmas day?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

peetreet wrote: »
    Ok. And if i just wanted to get my current emobile number moved to the micro sim, is it just a case of ringing customer care? Is customer care open Christmas day?
    Thanks

Hi peetreet,

All you need to do is get a replacement micro SIM card and get that activated. Yes our customer care team is open on christmas day.

Gráinne

Advertisement