Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning a dusty Stove

• 07-12-2012 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Bit of a clean going on and I was wondering what way people clean the outside of their stoves with.. Its a matt black cast iron stove, we usually just give it a rub of a damp cloth....
    Any tips???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

small bit of baby oil supposedly does the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

bbam wrote: »
    Bit of a clean going on and I was wondering what way people clean the outside of their stoves with.. Its a matt black cast iron stove, we usually just give it a rub of a damp cloth....
    Any tips???

Wd40 works wonders, brings ours up like new, try and leave it a day before lighting it after though as you will smell the wd40 burning off other wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Whatever you use will become a fragrant in the air once you light it up again, baby oil might be good but could burn, Vaseline could be the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

Did this recently to my cast black stove... Used Deville Stove and Grate polish - black, greeat result to outside of MF stove. Comes in tube and applied with damp cloth. Think cost about 8 euro and got in Local Arro store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement