Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Yorkston Dublin Dec 8 Kilkenny Dec 9

Options
  • 07-12-2012 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

James Yorkston is playing the workmans club in Dublin on Dec 8 as part of the prosperous market. He is also playing Cleeres in Kilkenny on December 9.

Harmonic and Dolittle have joined forces to present The Prosperous Market, an all day free festive thrifting market throughout The Workman’s Club on Saturday December 8th. The market will run from 2pm to 11pm with heaps of vintage goodies, books, comics, vinyl and toy collectibles, delicious hot treats, Christmassy tipples, complimentary whiskey tasting in The Bison Bar and music throughout the day from Caoimhin O’Raghallaigh, Lisa O’Neill and Seamus Fogarty.
    Later on in The Venue in The Workman’s Club, the legendary James Yorkston will celebrate the release of his new record I Was A Cat From A Book. This part of The Prosperous Market is ticketed and tickets are available at €15 from Tickets.ie and Ticketmaster.ie in advance of the show. Any remaining tickets will be available on the door on the night.
    For me, listening to James Yorkston’s music is like coming across the interesting-looking person on the fringes of a party. Before you know it, you’ve spent the evening listening to their compelling tale. In this record, I get a real sense that he has found his true voice. There’s a quiet confidence in his craft; his singing, the words and instrumentation, all blend seamlessly to produce a really affecting record.’
    Phil Selway, Radiohead

Advertisement