Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby No.5

Options
  • 07-12-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,looking for some advice. I am blessed with 4 beautiful daughters and I really felt after no. 4 that I was done. For almost a year now I've been thinking about having another. I have a couple of reservations. One being my age. I will be 40 early next year. The other is financial. Although we are comfortable at the moment I still worry that 5 kids might be challenging in the future with schools, colleges etc. Would I be mad to have another?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

deemul wrote: »
    Hi there,looking for some advice. I am blessed with 4 beautiful daughters and I really felt after no. 4 that I was done. For almost a year now I've been thinking about having another. I have a couple of reservations. One being my age. I will be 40 early next year. The other is financial. Although we are comfortable at the moment I still worry that 5 kids might be challenging in the future with schools, colleges etc. Would I be mad to have another?

To be honest I don't think anyone can answer that, other than you and your partner.

You're right to consider money, health etc but at the end of the day do what makes you happy. Yeah maybe a 5th would mean comprimises (like no foreign holiday) but it's up to you to decide would it be worth it. Best of luck and remember in this scenario there is no right or wrong decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If this is genuine, then I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you make, but I have to say I think putting a thread entitled Baby no. 5, in the "Trying to conceive" forum to be at best a little insensitive and at worst blatant trolling. I am sure there are dozens of couples who visit this forum for whom one would be plenty.

Maybe, I've read this one wrong, but it seemed a little off to me. Apologies if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

syklops wrote: »
    If this is genuine, then I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you make, but I have to say I think putting a thread entitled Baby no. 5, in the "Trying to conceive" forum to be at best a little insensitive and at worst blatant trolling. I am sure there are dozens of couples who visit this forum for whom one would be plenty.

Maybe, I've read this one wrong, but it seemed a little off to me. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Totally agree syklops but if it is genuine and the person can't see how insensitive it is then they don't deserve your fingers effort to type.... Nor anyone's. if its genuine post in the newborn or toddler thread I would imagine that would be more appropriate.

Advertisement