Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Climote and Save on Home Heating, Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 07-12-2012 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Picture this: you're stuck in traffic, and it's freezing outside. So cold in fact that you can see your breath slowly rising in front of you. You know the house will be equally "brrr" on arrival, and think "Wouldn't it be nice to return to a warm home?"

Well, with Climote you can ensure that this happens. Climote is essentially a remote control for your home heating, and it works anytime, from anywhere! It links up with your phone, either by SMS or via the free Android/iPhone/iPad App, and you can manage it online too, for total control.

climote-hub.png
    We're delighted to be partnering with Climote, and are currently offering €100 off the RRP of €399, which includes installation and 1 year's remote access fee (more details here). We're also giving away a Climote to one lucky boards.ie user! :)

To be in with a chance to win, just comment below and let us know how Climote would benefit you.

Entry is open until Monday 17th December, and the competition Ts&Cs are here.

Best of luck!

Thanks,

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Climote would help me ensure my wife never goes cold, even when i'm not home!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

would be great to turn the heating on on the way home from picking the kids up .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

this would be very handy on the way home from work. Mammy and the kids would be happy arriving home to a warm house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

Climote would be great for turning the heating on when I'm not at home - perfect for scaring my family!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

This would be handy to install in my parents place to stop constant questions about whether the heating is on or off, and help them control the heating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Climote would let me remotely set the temperature for santa

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Besides turning it on before getting home, the report function would be handy to keep track

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

help me by not having to walk into a cold house.

Climote will help prevent me from getting frost-bitten feet. My house is usually so cold when I arrive home that frostbite is a real possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

With Climote you can still come home to a warm house, after there has been a power cut thanks to it's remote control!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Beagslife

It will help me to get the air con working before I get home, during our long hot summers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'm on shift work, and on those weird hours that I travel, I often forget to change up the heating settings for times that suit me. I'm currently building a home entertainment system on the cheap to automate all my tv and home security, and the climote would slot in perfectly here to play with the app and check out the benefits, not to mention the saving it would bring would make things a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Climote would be cool cos it would keep the home warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

or just a timer attached to a thermostat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

would obviously help by heating the house before i get home but would also help lower heating bills because i could leave the heating off until i was nearly home rather than wasting it if i am late or decide not to go home at the usual time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I'll be able to turn the heating on without having to get out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Climote would help me in my technologically challenged lifestyle adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Climote would help me monitor heating usage better and control it for when needed, allow me to ready the house for unexpected visitors such as my siblings calling over for visits before I arrive home, would help me to turn off the heat if I forget before leaving the house. A great product and very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm looking forward to using Climote, I can get the best out of my heating while optimising the costs + I can control it from my phone or tablet...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'd use it to slowly freeze the people in the house while I'm out, then make it warm when I'm there.

After a while they'd see me as the source of the heat. Once that happened I could charge them for my presence in the house, and eventually turn myself into a supervillain with the power to control temperature.

BWAHHAHA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

I would save a fortune on electricity and oil. My house would be nice and warm for when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

It would be great for me to be able to save money, burning oil only when I need to. Turn on the heat when I'm on the way home rather than leaving it on the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Climote would make my live much warmer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I just like gadgets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It would be handy indeed, after coming home from a spin with the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I want one of these to reduce my greenhouse gas emissions and burn the earths limited supply of fossilised dinosaur dust more efficiently! If I don't win it's like you have just clubbed a baby seal, Electric Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

For once my house would be warm for when i get home as i drive over an hour and a half every evening to get home and with work the way it is i never know what time i'll be getting home at. it would really make a huge difference to me,espically at this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Would be great when stuck in traffic on a cold wet evening knowing there is a warm house waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

This would be a perfect Christmas present for my heat loving wife:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Climote would save me the severe pain of getting up off the couch to turn
    on/off the heating for the next 6-8 weeks until my leg works again.

Its sadly very damaged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement