Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Climote and Save on Home Heating, Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

I'm on an automation jag at the moment, but it's really hard to do! Tomorrow's World promised me a world full of wonders when it came to household gadgets but I'm still waiting for that smart technology to become widely available!

I think the Climote is the first step in the right direction, I was checking this out but it's sadly beyond my budget! Hopefully Electric Ireland will pick me! I would be more than happy to document my experiences as a part of any online marketing efforts!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Climote would help me avoid arguments when I forget to turn the heating on.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

This would save me a fortune, instead of timing the heating by guessing what time I would be home I could just turn it on when I am 15 minutes away :D No wasted heat !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I've a mam that took eight years to understand text messaging, this would would be a life saver. She might even be able to watch the news while being warm!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I could use it to wreck the OH's head when I am travelling with work, and it's freezing here :D

OH: The heating isn't working
    Me: No?
    OH: Hmm it's magically come back on the past half hour

Mwahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Climate would help me a huge amount because when I get home, I sometimes feeli like standing at my fridge with the door open to heat up!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

My kids would think I am awesome if I can now control the Heating and the Television!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Climote would be really useful for the times the regular thermostat timer is set but nobody will be home. Saves money and energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

This could greatly help my family cut back on bills by being able to turn on the heating just before we get home rather then guessing and probably putting it on too early and wasting money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

This would be fantastic for arriving home to our cold house and waiting in the perishing cold until the place starts to warm up. It would be a lovely first anniversary wedding gift! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

having the house nice and toasty when you get in A+ Delayed by an hour or two No probs just change it remotely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Instead of wasting money having the heating on a schedule when you might be late, you could switch on remotely when you're actually about to arrive, not when you were originally scheduled to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

It would be wonderful to come home late to a lovely warm home not an icebox

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mattek

My kid is telling me that we could AC our house such that Santa would feel like in Lapland and would stay with us all year long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Erm. Is this prize 100 euro off an expensive gadget? Not much of a prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

When we're both at work, and the dogs are home alone, it would be great to be able to turn the heat on at different times throughout the day to ensure the dogs are kept warm.

Also being able to stay in bed and turn the heating on downstairs, so the sitting room is nice and warm when you eventually get up and go down stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Winning this would be a new Toy to play with!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

So I could come home to a nice cosy warm house and I wouldn't have to keep pressing the Boost button on my heating. Saw these at the Ideal Homes show, looks like a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

This would help make sure I never come home to a freezing house with 3 children giving out about the cold, plus help save having the heating on for hours with noone in the house when we get delayed on a day out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

WOW !!

The winner gets the pleasure of paying €299 ...... Eh, no thanks :o:(

Noe even a real competition,thats the price for ALL EI customers. See thread here.

Rip Off Ireland This Way >>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

No more cold house when coming home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

The Climote is a fantastic device. One main benefit is I could save on wasting energy, by being able to turn off the heating while out and about. I would help me be a more green friendly person.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

percy212 wrote: »
    Erm. Is this prize 100 euro off an expensive gadget? Not much of a prize.

No, their is an offer on the climote if you wish to purchase, you pay €299 versus €399 rrp

Kat1170 wrote: »
    WOW !!

The winner gets the pleasure of paying €299 ...... Eh, no thanks :o:(

Noe even a real competition,thats the price for ALL EI customers. See thread here.

Rip Off Ireland This Way >>>>>

No it's free as per first post, or as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Climote would be cool cos it would keep the home warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

It would be great for keeping an eye on the heating bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

The day of the cold houses are at an end with Climote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

A Climote would mean warmer happier kids that would mean cheaper bills making a happier wife that would mean happier me!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

It'd be sweet to come home to a ice cosy house.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Climote will keep my cat warm when I'm working late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jazzrocket

....I could easily take charge of my house temperature with Climote from home or abroad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement