Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Climote and Save on Home Heating, Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

I had a great post here and it got deleted :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

it would allow me to optimise home heating on a daily basis (& hopefully reduce bills)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Climote and Electric Ireland will further justify my smartphone habit whilst improving the comfort of my arrival home.
    Climote - control - comfort - cosiness = happiness!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

climote would help me be able to turn off the heat from afar when i forget to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cwboy

With both of us working it would be great to be have the house warm when we get back home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

Climate control would help as I just bought a house, got gas installed and done the insulation. I'm broke and this would be ideal to help save to do the rest of the house up some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

It would help turn off the heating when herself "forgets"!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

My timer is broken, so I'm caught between wasting oil or coming home to a freezing house all the time...a timer wouldn't be great though as my home time varies so much. The climote would be the answer to my prayers, and my son wouldn't have to sit in his coat and hat for an hour in the house anymore waiting for it to heat up, he can't clap hands to his nursery rhymes with gloves on :)

There are times I've gone out and the house is freezing. The dog is in the house and I've forgotten to put it on timer for him, so he'll start whinging (and annoy the neighbours). A Climote would make me, my neighbours and my dog (most importantly!) very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

Sound like a device that would be helpful in having our home warm and snug for our return after days away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭oaklands

Climote...Heating Remote....Gets my Vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

I'm a broke nerd and have a family to keep warm, this would change an awful lot in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lola1

I could make sure my dog is always nice and warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Out with the old and in with the new, Climote is the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

help me by not having to walk into a cold house and save money:)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Insert lasy reason here! Climote makes things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

It would be very handy as it would allow me to stop trying to teach the dog to turn on the heating!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

My mom has Reynauds disease, which means she needs to keep her hands and feet warm, and it can actually be dangerous if she doesn't.
    We live in a not so well built council house, that seems to love letting every bit of heat in the house escape. Visitors have actually told us it feels colder inside parts of our house than outside. No, I am not exaggerating.
    We also don't have a car, so any trips anywhere usually involve a chilly walk home in some shape or form in Winter time. I think this would be an amazing thing to give to her. I can't imagine what it'd be like to come home to a toasty house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

percy212 wrote:
    Is this prize 100 euro off an expensive gadget?
    Kat1170 wrote:
    The winner gets the pleasure of paying €299 ...... Eh, no thanks

Just for clarification:
    We're also giving away a Climote to one lucky boards.ie user!

While we do have an offer currently available such that any Electric Ireland customer can avail of €100 off the RRP (and spread payments out on their bills), this boards competition is for a free climote, no charges attached.

Thanks, and best of luck.

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

House is always freezing so this would be handy to kick start the heatin before I leave work !

Also when im not botheres getting off the couch and am feeling nippy. Boom heating on... /lazy (everyone else was thinking the same)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Thanks to sharing a house with someone in the army, the question "why didn't you start the heating?" is met with "It's not that cold. You should try lying in a ditch in this weather!"
    The climote would allow me to sneak it on behind enemy lines! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭enigma_b17

Being able to remotely access and program the heating would be an excellent way to keep the house warm, prep for showers etc :)
    Personally i've always wanted to have more control over exactly how my heating works, and this could provide! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

This would be brilliant. Just to come home to a warm house every day without having to set the timer. So if we come home a little late or earlier, we come home to a warm house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sounds like a handy energy saving device, would be great to be able to give the heating a boost, when needs be, on my way home. Fr jack will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Just makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Climote would be for the win for me, as I will have the piece of mind of comfort with a busy lifestyle, without wasting a load of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Climote would help ensure the house is warm when we come home from a long day in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Climote would make every welcome home a warm one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Climote would make it so much easier to manage home heating when not at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

It would help me control the temp in my house so I could always be comfortable also a great money saver :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement