Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Climote and Save on Home Heating, Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michael rossney

I'm training for long distance triathlons. My climote fantasy is cycling through Sally Gap (Dublin Mountains) on a freezing day like today and popping on the heating for when I get home. Toasty! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

Perfect if you were away on holiday and there was a cold snap at home, you could ensure that pipes/pets didn't freeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

It would stop me from having to go to bed early due to the house being cold when I've been away!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Can I use it to turn the heating off again? Tell her the oil is gone! Best to turn off the telly and get under the duvet.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Calvin001

Climote would cause me such a dilema, should i be naughty or should i be nice?
    It would be nice to have the place warmed up for the wife in the evenings
    But i could be naughty and mess with the controls at night.....

Environmentally, it would allow me to be friendlier with the world, and Financially it would make me happier with savings achieved in my bills through savings in heating costs (unless i'm too naughty...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Will make my apartment warm when coming from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Would be fantastic to be able to control the heating remotely instead of having to enter the freezing cold kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Man007

Would help me save on energy bills when I have to work late by not having to set the heating before i go out in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PM1001

Hi everyone,

Picture this: you're stuck in traffic, and it's freezing outside. So cold in fact that you can see your breath slowly rising in front of you. You know the house will be equally "brrr" on arrival, and think "Wouldn't it be nice to return to a warm home?"

Well, with Climote you can ensure that this happens. Climote is essentially a remote control for your home heating, and it works anytime, from anywhere! It links up with your phone, either by SMS or via the free Android/iPhone/iPad App, and you can manage it online too, for total control.

climote-hub.png
    We're delighted to be partnering with Climote, and are currently offering €100 off the RRP of €399, which includes installation and 1 year's remote access fee (more details here). We're also giving away a Climote to one lucky boards.ie user! :)

To be in with a chance to win, just comment below and let us know how Climote would benefit you.

Entry is open until Monday 17th December, and the competition Ts&Cs are here.

Best of luck!

Thanks,

David.

To save up to 20% while heating costs are so high is a great that you can control from your phone with an app. I'd love to win that and start saving !
    Alan Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Big AK1

Since moving into my new home, i have had to try loads of things to keep the a bit of heat in the house; changed the doors and windows, got crack injection insulation, all new radiators & boiler (none of which I could really afford). Now when the heating is on, it's good. But when I get back home from work, the house takes ages to heat up. Climote could very well be the missing piece of my home heating puzzle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

So I could keep the whole house warm from the comfort of my bed/couch on these cold mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Save money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Raggaroo

Perfect for a holiday home, but how good does mobile coverage have to be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

new baby at home and this would be Birrfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

it would help to ensure that we don't come home to a freezer after work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Help keep costs down by only using heat when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Climote would let me make sure the house is warm for my family when we get back from a day out. It will also help to make sure there is plenty of hot water for showers and baths when we get back from sports and other activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Climate would be ideal for the Irish winter. Nothing like a warm, toasty home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sbran

it would help me so much as my heating takes about 2 hours to come on and my timer is broken aswell so would be a great treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Emzer

Being able to turn it on and off from you phone before you get home. Will save money being able to do this incase you were stuck in work late you could text it to not come on yet. Every penny counts :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

It would have a dual purpose as the heating controls are in shed where the boiler is. This means that we could set the controls from the comfort of the house as well as setting them on the way home.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

Climote would benefit me be allowing me to turn on and off the heat from the plane as I arrive back into cold and wet Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Climote would mean I would no longer fear leaving the warmth of my bed to a cold house.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Climote would help me keep an eye on the bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I think my number one use of it would be turning on the heat without getting out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

When we're away of a week-end, 'twould be damn nice to be able to get the house heating up while we're driving back from the country. Hard to time that normally. The alsation isn't great at turning it on in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Great idea for those cold days heading home to a cold house, be great to have the place heated when you walk in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 10 keith_kiki

it could give me more control to the heating system in my house which would inturn have a positive effect on the environment,
    also with local knowledge of this device i could sell to my customers as i am a plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭morton

I'd love a Climote, it really gets my vote.
    If it saves me cents, then it makes good sense.
    With a tap of my phone, I can heat up my home, and I'll be happy and warm and cosy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Would help me to put the heating on after long day at work and 3 hours commuting per day. Also when its freezing, i could use it to provide some extra heating to my purrfect cat Basil, who is guarding my home when im earning some money to feed him :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement