Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Climote and Save on Home Heating, Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭makfli

The Climote is a nifty control which will help me cut my energy costs through greater efficiency and is environmentally friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

My heating system is so dodgy sometimes it doesnt even heat up when I turn it on and I am in the house! So anything to help upgrade what I have would definitely help!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

I would love this for my Dad who is very ill and cant ever be in the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

i can turn my girlfriend on if i press the right buttons this would help me do the same for my heating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

Renovating an old house and Climote would save me and the environment a packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 TheWraith

Climote means I would never have to come home to a cold house!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

It would benefit me as I'm warm-blooded and tend to need to keep warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Is "Because I can" not a good enough answer to the question "Why do you want to control the heating remotely. That, and the unpredictable nature of the Irish weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

It would mean not having to return to a cold house

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Climote will help me ensure that my flatmate isint running up an outrageously expensive heating bill whenever I am not around . . . would put my mind to rest! ;)

Last Christmas someone left the heating on throughout the month while we were away. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Having a Climote would mean that when I wake up early on a chilly Saturday or Sunday morning I no longer need to wait in bed for the heat to come on of it's own accord. No longer would I need to dash, shivering, down the stairs to flick on the manual heating control before turning tail and legging it back to the bed. Just pick up the phone, push a button or two and let the Climote do the rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

Having a Climote would mean I wouldnt have to wait the usual hour to heat up, I need this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 U_Loves

Climote would be great for our home as we all arrive home at different times so we could switch the heating on before we arrive with Climote. The attached pic was one of my teenage boys wrapped up in a blanket at breakfast this morning #cold house #grumpy kids ... It is quite funny he hasn't a clue that I've photographed him!!! Climote my grumpy cold kids need you !!!! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Wil it turn off the immersion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Hi everyone,

Picture this: you're stuck in traffic, and it's freezing outside. So cold in fact that you can see your breath slowly rising in front of you. You know the house will be equally "brrr" on arrival, and think "Wouldn't it be nice to return to a warm home?"

Well, with Climote you can ensure that this happens. Climote is essentially a remote control for your home heating, and it works anytime, from anywhere! It links up with your phone, either by SMS or via the free Android/iPhone/iPad App, and you can manage it online too, for total control.

climote-hub.png
    We're delighted to be partnering with Climote, and are currently offering €100 off the RRP of €399, which includes installation and 1 year's remote access fee (more details here). We're also giving away a Climote to one lucky boards.ie user! :)

To be in with a chance to win, just comment below and let us know how Climote would benefit you.

Entry is open until Monday 17th December, and the competition Ts&Cs are here.

Best of luck!

Thanks,

David.

PAT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

slickmcvic wrote: »
    Wil it turn off the immersion?
    Hi Slickmcvic,

The immersion is a separate system to the time-switch (which Climote is aligned to) so that would need to be set up, and may not always be possible.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

This would be great for my wife. She was diagnosed with leukemia 3 months ago and the drug therapy is very severe and causes her a lot of pain when moving. This will now mean that she does not need to move when she needs the heating on. It would also be handy for very cold nights when awoken by the cold. I wouldn't need to get out of bed to stick the heating on. Toasting allround.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

I'd like to have climote so I could show it off to visitors....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Great invention, particulary useful for commuters who have one hour plus of a drive home. A welcome addition to any home I reckon, who wouldn't liek one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Browndog82

Climote would allow me to worry about the more important things in life than Frostbite and hypothermia!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ah warm house before I get home. Brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Climote would be a great gift to give herself on Xmas day to see her face before I tell her I am leaving her for her sister

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Climote would be great when all the family is snuggled up on the couch watching a movie and the temperature could be adjusted from the comfort of your couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

This would help me turn the heat off when my girlfriend turns it up even though the house is like a furnace already!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Climote makes the house of tomorrow today's reality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I will be able to make the house freezing cold when my other half taunts me that she's at home in a warm bed, while i'm off working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Imagine being able to climote anywhere and nobody would know what I was up to or why I had a big smile on my face. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

T'would be very useful for coming home to a warm house rather then wait the hour or so to heat up the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

I'd just like to win the competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 BonoVox

Brilliant product. As I freeze my lillywhite ass off in this refrigerated house, I can only dream of one of these amazing products.
    Now if you could just sort out the flat car battery....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement