Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Climote and Save on Home Heating, Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I could turn off the heating on the housemates when I'm in work, the practical joking possibilities are endless!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

Climote would allow me to monitor the house heating, easily set timers for different days, and boost heating around the house, all from the comfort of bed, the sofa or anywhere! should also be easier to managed for my parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

The wife and i are expecting our first child in April, i'll be rushing around like a headless chicken when the time comes so with the climote i can ensure that the house is always at the perfect temp for the new arrival !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,611 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Oh Climote, oh Climote,
    If you were a TD, you'd get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

No more " Did I turn of the immersion? ":D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Climote would allow me to monitor the house heating, easily set timers for different days, and boost heating around the house, all from the comfort of work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 PrintedCanvas

that would be a great little gadget to have, useful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

I have a condition called fibromyalgia, which can leave me bed ridden for days. Keeping warm with my illness is also very important, so the Climote would be invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Climote would help me control costs of my heating by only turning the heating on, on my way home and not trying to guess the time ill be home to set the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rinb

I was considering to switch to Electric Ireland after receiving an enormous gas bill from my provider and found out about Climote in the web yesterday.When I saw the demo video ,this is what sprang into my mind

As a working mother of two who are under two
    With handful of bills which I couldn't pay in full
    with a need of home heat to be always neat
    Searching for a magic gadget to suite my tight budget
    The Climote home heat is the best Christmas treat :)
    Thank you Electric Ireland from the people of Eire island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paulclan

This device seems the answer to remote energy management, I look forward to discovering how it can make a difference to my energy consumption costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

This could be what saves my ears, no more did you set the heating or the heating didnt come on and all the usual comments. Genius product.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

I think it will help me to optimize the heating controls in the house.
    It should also help me to reduce the home heating costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Climote would allow me to reduce the amount of energy I use, because the time I get home from work varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

A remote for the heating system - what a novel idea! I expect it will save more than my energy getting up to adjust it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

It would benefit me as I could keep an eye on what energy my gf is using :)

Seriously though I spend a lot on heating and it would be great to keep the costs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dmac2006

Climote would help me make sure my wee doggy is warm when me and the misses are out getting drunk over Christmas with family and friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 murphageegee

Climote simply brilliant or brilliantly simple its a win win with a warm house to come home to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wow a nifty Climote would allow me to finally get my head out of the dusty hotpress where its usually stuck as I struggle with my ridiculously incomprehensible and totally outdated heating controls!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jonny1384

This would be perfect for me, when I'm in work I can switch heating off, why are women so cold, all the time.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Brendana380

This would benefit my Grandmother who is always leaving the heating on when she goes out so the house won't be freezing when she comes home and it is costing alot when she does this! If she had a climote, When me and my parents drive her home, we could send a text to the heating so it would have the house heated by the time she is home! This would save her alot because she is going on 88! This would benefit the enviroment as less co2 emmission would be produced and save her unnecessarily high fuel bills! Please Can I win so I can give it to my Nana as a christmas present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

This would save me from having to drag myself off the couch to turn the heating on & will really help take my laziness to the next level when I win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

This would be the ideal way of upgrading my stone-age heating controls

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ceroc81

As a gadget geek climote would make an excellent addition to my home for controlling heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jaymac1

i like buttons that do things gimme gimme gimme

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Climote would save money because I can better control my usage and make the house more comfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

I can't afford to upgrade my heating controls at the moment so this would be the ultimate Christmas present for my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Would be handy to delay the next Oil fill (Currently being delivered for €860)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thanks folks for the great posts - some very poignant ones there, and also some very creative and funny ones! :)

Unfortunately there can only be one winner, and the winner is chosen randomly by number (as per terms and conditions) but if you're not in, you definitely can't win!

We will close the competition/announce the winner this afternoon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mcgeowc2

Climote would mean I don't waste money heating the house I'm not there and delayed at work in the evenings with heating set on a timer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement