Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless dongle

Options
  • 07-12-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a desktop in upstairs room ( lan cable cannot reach it ), currently it uses a very old usb plug in dongle to receive wifi, for the most part it works fine, but recently the signal quality just drops for no reason. I have tested with other devices and the wifi signal seems fine.
    My question is, is a new dongle going to solve my problems? such as a €8 euro i found on ebay, plugs into usb and has a little Aeriel. Will that fix my signal problems?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It really is impossible to answer a question like this without doing a bit of investigating. Can you try the usb with another device to see how it performs?

Have you checked to see if there are any wifi networks around you using the same wifi channel?

http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/4677-inssider

Advertisement